Welcome to the
When is the library open?
• The library opens at 7:30 in the morning
and closes at 4:00.
• Students may come in to check out new
books, read, puzzles or work on the
• The Eagle’s Nest Homework Center is
also open before school starts.
What do I do?
• Your Language Arts teacher will bring you
to the library every two weeks.
• When you come in, bring your books to
the circulation desk, barcodes facing up
and have a seat around the pond carpet
and wait for further instructions.
How do I take care of my books?
• LOVE your books! Hug your books when you
are carrying them. This helps you hold on to
• Eating and drinking while reading your books is
not a good idea…I wonder why?
• Be careful when you are writing and have a book
• Please keep books away from pets and younger
brothers and sisters…they like to chew!
Eating and Drinking while
NOT a good idea…….
It’s a good idea to keep books
• Don’t forget them outside
Use a bookmark, don’t bend
•Be careful when writing
with a book open.
• Please keep books in a
How long may I keep my books?
• Books may be kept for two weeks at a
• If you did not finish reading it, you can re-
new it for another two weeks.
• If you finish before the two weeks, you can
bring it in and exchange it for another
Things to remember…
• No running in the
library…I don’t want
anyone getting hurt.
• You may talk in the
library, but please use
an “inside voice”.
• Listen to all instructions
before leaving the carpet.
• Be considerate of your
the GOLDEN RULE.
• Use a shelf marker when
looking for a book.
• Please ask for help, that’s
what I am here for.
More important things to
• If you do not remember where you found a
book, please put it on one of the carts, put
in on the circulation desk or give it to one
of the adults in the library.
• Please do not put books back on the
shelves…we will do that.
• Once you find the two books you would
like to check out, take them to the
• Scan your BADGE first and then scan the
barcodes on the front of your books.
• After you check out, make sure you stamp
the “Date Due” slip on the back cover.
make sure your stamping in the
next available spot