PLACES WE’LL BE VISITING
• Meet at Birmingham Airport at 10am
• Depart 13.25pm from Birmingham on flight
FI495. Arrive Keflavik 15.10pm.
• Visit Geopark for landbridge, mudpots,
explosive crater and steam vents.
• Fish and chip lunch at Grindavik
• Hotel Cabin in Reykjavik
• Caving in a lava tube
• View Gullfoss
• Visit Geysir
• Visit Fontana Geo-thermal pool and baths
• Overnight at Hotel Gulfoss
VIEW FROM THE AMERICAN TECTONIC PLATE
OVER THE RIFT VALLEY
EXPLOSION OF WATER. UP TO 30M HIGH. EVERY 3-5 MINUTES.
Huge waterfall on the Hvítá
river. Spot the people!
• Visit Seljandafoss (waterfall you can walk
• Visit the new Icelandic Eruption Centre
• Visit Skógarfoss (awesome 60 m waterfall)
• Walk on the Sólheimajökull glacier
• Overnight at Hotel Laki
• Skaftafell National Park – walk to Svartifoss
• Visit Svínafellsjökull glacier where Batman was
• Visit the Ice lagoon for ice-floes and ice
sculptures (where James Bond was filmed)
• Overnight at the Hotel Laki
• Stop at Vik for shopping
• Visit Vik or Dyrolhaey for beach
• Brief tour of Reykjavik including the
opportunity to buy souvenirs at a shopping
• Pizza restaurant
• Overnight at the Airport Hotel
REYKJAVIK - CAPITAL OF ICELAND (SIZE
OF THE CITY
• Depart 7.50am from Keflavik on flight FI494.
• Arrive Birmingham at 11.25am.
We will be staying in different locations each night.
We will be using hotels or ‘Farmhouse Hotels’
typically 2-3 in an en-suite room.
You will need to take your own towels.
You will be carrying your own suitcase so one with
wheels is advisable!
You will be provided with breakfast, an evening meal
and a packed lunch.
• Walking boots
• Walking socks (several pairs)
• Waterproof jacket
• Waterproof trousers
• Salopettes (optional)
• Ski Jacket
• Thermal underwear (or thick
tights / leggings)
• Warm trousers (not jeans)
• Woollen gloves
• Heavy duty gloves
• Personal medication (staff
member should be informed)
• Money – Icelandic Krona
• Money – Sterling for use at
• Adaptor for Northern Europe
• Snacks (e.g. biscuits; crisps)
• Thick woolly hat
• Rucksack for day-use
Contact lens users : dusty conditions at some locations can make lenses very
uncomfortable so remember to bring glasses as well
Electrical equipment : you may want to bring some sort of ‘entertainment’ for the
coach journeys. You must have insurance for any such items.
• Final consent form
• Swimming consent
• Medical concerns
• Expectations (Code of Conduct)
• Emergency contact