Educate a Girl is a programme of vocational scholarships for Pakistani girls in need to study media studies at the Institute of Journalism Pakistan. The scholars fund 3 month certificate courses in radio, print and tv with top 10% of scholars being given internships with top media outlets in Pakistan including Jung/GEO & Hum TV. Each scholarship is just $100 USD or PKR 10000 tax exempt in Pakistan, one time, and the scholarship is officially in the donor's name (so no double matching, absolutely transparent). All scholarships are presented live to winners with cheques presented live to the Institute. 16 girls began their studies on Sept 28th - details on our @educate1000girls facebook page - and another 28 will begin their studies end of November Educate a Girl is an initiative by Dawood Global Foundation in partnership with Institute of Journalism Pakistan and Mind Your Media Pakistan and is audited by Ernst & Young Global.
• Literacy rate of adult females (age 15 & above) in Pakistan is
40.3% and in rural areas as low as 8%.
• Hence, there is room for educating of 59.7% adult females
How YOU Can Help?
Educate A Girl!
Yes. Just one girl at a time…
How It Works
At Dawood Global Foundation,
we know the POWER
It begins with EDUCATION
giving girls a VOICE.
• Educate a grassroots girl in Pakistan in media studies at the
Institute of Journalism for just $100 (or PKR 10,000 tax exempt)
• The LADIESFUND scholarship will be in your name and the
course is 3 months training in radio, print and television media
with the top 10% of graduates being placed in internships at
• To educate ONE girl: Donate $100 or PKR 10,000
• To educate one class of 20 girls: One class of 20
girls: Donate $2000 or PKR 200,000 (tax exempt)
• Enterprise Donation - 100 girls - with logo
placement: Donate $10,000 or PKR 1,000,000