How To Write Informational and Actionable Online Content
Online Writing In 30 Minutes October 19, 2011“Informational or Actionable: How To End Your Blog” Blogtalkradio.com/terristurner Wednesdays - 1:00 pm CST
Informational Content Can:• Increase brand awareness• Build customer loyalty• Generate leads• Promote website traffic• Share and validate thought leadership• Nurture past, current and future customers
Informational Content Cannot:• Close a sale• Guarantee increased revenues• Bring more clients/customersWITHOUT ACTION, FOLLOW UP AND MORE ACTION
1. Start by writing to • Educate • Entertain • Engage • Enrich experiences
2. Be sure content is written for reader by addressing: • What is the problem (pain, predicament)? • Why hasn’t this problem been solved? • What is possible? • What is different now? • How can I save reader time, energy and/and money?
3. What should you do now? ASK THE READER TO TAKE ACTION WITH A CALL TO ACTION.
1. Call To Action Best Practices http://terristurner.com/training/call-to-action- writing.html2. Design for ASK. Easily noticeable. Bold finish to “Z” or “F” eye scan pattern.3. When Old is New Again. The PS as a teaser billboard
P.S. Thanks for all of the awesome comments(bandwagon effect – comment like everyone else is!)about my eBook guide! I just released a printer-friendly black and white version for easy printing(benefit), so you don’t waste your ink (anotherbenefit). If you haven’t gotten my eBook guideyet, just enter your name and email below (ASK –telling how to do it) to get it for free (anotherbenefit)! Killer content coming in the newsletter aswell (building anticipation – reason to check back).Take care!
• State the Call To Action clearly• Tell the reader – what to do – how to do it, and – what they can expect once they have clicked, signed- up, etc.• Reassure readers of security and privacy• Minimal hassle to fill out forms
4. What Should The Reader Do Now? • Pick up the phone • Register • Sign up • Subscribe to RSS feed • Click the link to go read something • Click the link to buy something • Ask a question • Fill out a survey, vote • Enter a contest • Hire you
Ready to learn to write so your customers will buy?Want one FREE instructional rewrite? Schedule ameeting now.Call: 913-406-8636Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgFacebook: facebook.com/tstbusinessstrategiesLinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/terristurnerWebsite: http://terristurner.com/contact-terri