TRICIA M. SPELLMAN ● 773.620.6716 ● email@example.com
An exceptional marketing/business development executive with over 18 years of diverse, global experience in the
corporate and consulting/agency environments. Accomplished career includes experience in industries such as healthcare,
technology, financial and consumer package goods. Professional portfolio includes working with industry leaders
including: HIMSS, HIMSS Analytics, Zebra Technologies (NASDAQ: ZBRA), Tenet Healthcare (NYSE: THC),
Extended Care Information Network (An Allscripts Company), and Home Savings of America (Now owned by
Washington Mutual). Core competencies include:
Strategic Marketing Plan Development Product Launches and Business Development
Media Relations and Message Platform Creation Online, Digital and Mobile Marketing
Brand Development and Management Global Agency Search and Selection
HIMSS and HIMSS Analytics – Global Marketing Director (Chicago, IL) 2005 – Present
A global healthcare IT membership organization and a market research and analytics company.
• Spearhead the market research, brand efforts and marketing strategies for existing and new products in North
American, Asia Pacific, Europe and the Middle East.
• Devise/execute retention and recruitment marketing strategies for three membership programs.
• Develop the brand, positioning and marketing for the company’s online and interactive product offerings such as a
HIMSS Virtual Conference and the eLearning Academy.
• Lead and manage an entire global marketing team in addition to six agencies/consultants worldwide.
• Increased HIMSS’ annual revenues by 33% within three years through the development of strong branding and
• Increased HIMSS Analytics revenues by 13% in 2008 through innovative marketing efforts.
• Grew the HIMSS’ 2008 Annual Conference and Exhibition attendance in North America by an increase of 21%,
making it the largest North American venue of its kind.
• Launched five new product offerings in Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, which resulted in a 10%+ increase
in company revenues in just two years.
• In 2008, achieved a 5% increase in membership revenues by executing cutting-edge strategies.
Outlook Marking Services, INC. – Senior Marketing/PR Director (Northbrook, IL) 2000 – 2005
A professional services firm offering marketing and public relations consulting.
• Aggressively led and managed agency business in the technology, healthcare, consumer packaged goods and
• Developed strategic marketing/public relations campaigns and message platforms for the agency’s top accounts
including Zebra Technologies (NASDAQ: ZBRA).
• Developed core communications strategy and positioning statements/messages for C-level executives during critical
business events/issues such as global quarterly earnings announcements.
• Created new business development strategies for the company.
• Obtained 222 media interviews with reporters and generated 634 media articles within 12 months for Zebra’s radio
frequency identification (RFID) product. This substantially raised the company’s stock price and positioned Zebra as
a major player across seven verticals.
• Positioned clients to financial and business analysts, which resulted in high-level, effective analysts briefings with
leading firms such as IDC Research, Gartner, Aberdeen Group, Forrester Research, AMR Research and The Yankee
Group. This helped to expand the companies’ global sales pipelines and provided a more aggressive competitive
• Generated 40 new business leads with top healthcare organizations worldwide for Zebra’s channel partners, which
increased sales by 30%.
• Won four new business accounts for Outlook Marketing Services, boosting revenues by 34%.
Spencer Stuart – Global Marketing Manager (Chicago, IL) 2000
A privately held, global executive search firm.
• Directed creative marketing and public relations strategies for the firm’s Internet, Communications/Media and High
• Led a team of internal and external resources to enhance the company’s Web site and positioning of key products and
• Through marketing strategies, generated 20 new business leads with global organizations which resulted in a 28%
• Launched the company’s first international conference in Barcelona, Spain which exceeded all revenue goals and
generated 10 new clients.
• Spearheaded a new, innovative business development/marketing process for Spencer Stuart’s global sales force,
driving a 15% increase in revenue.
Extended Care Information Network, INC. (ECIN) – National Marketing Director (Chicago, IL) 1999 – 2000
Now owned by Allscripts, ECIN was a start-up software company offering Internet-based solutions, services and consulting.
• Led business-to-business and business-to-consumer marketing and public relations strategies for the company’s online
products and services marketed to hospital systems and consumers nationwide.
• Developed and launched the company’s brand and positioning which was instrumental in helping this start-up become
a national, renowned brand. The company was recently sold to Allscripts for $90,000,000.
• Partnered with the CEO to develop investor presentations, which helped secure investment funds.
• Launched a PR/marketing campaign, which resulted in several media placements in leading trade publications. One
article generated over $2 million in revenue with a national healthcare network.
• Expanded the company’s market share in major healthcare markets and increased revenues by 50%.
• Developed business development strategies, which generated 20 new business leads in just six months.
Home Savings of America – Irwindale, CA – Marketing/Communications Manager 1996 – 1998
Tenet Healthcare – Los Angeles, CA – Marketing/Communications Manager 1993 – 1996
The Prudential California Reality – Beverly Hills, CA – Advertising/ Public Relations Manager 1990 - 1993
B.A./University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, IA (Served as reporter for the University newspaper, The Northern Iowan)
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS (All Current)
Member, Business Marketing Association (BMA); Member, American Marketing Association (AMA); Mentor, Horizons