Dr. Linda Justus
December 16, 2013
The goal is to give our customers
the most respectful and amazing
service. To achieve that goal, you will
learn the following objectives:
1. How to Greet Customers
2. How to Offer Customers Help
3. How to Thank Customers
Greeting customers is
essential to doing good
business. Greeting every
customer shows respect,
and lets them know
that they are welcome.
When a customer walks
in the door, or is
browsing through the
store, every employee is
to give eye contact,
smile and greet the
Two important elements of greeting:
1. Immediate Recognition
2. Make the greeting warm and sincere
Customers know when your are not sincere
after all, your greeting should reflect that
your grateful they are doing business
Offering to help customers is more than asking,
“can I help you.” You should learn your
customers needs and wants. When offering to
help customers, know the following:
who they are
what they buy
why they buy it
Always offer to help the customer not just
directing them, but take them to the item they
are looking for, or find another associate to
Whether a customer is buying or browsing,
Thank them for coming into our store, this
shows they are appreciated. The following are
ways to thank the customer
Thank you for shopping with us.
Thank you for coming in today
Thank you and come again.
• It is okay to nod at a customer as a form of greeting?
• Is greeting customers good business?
• Is it okay to ask a customer why they buy a item?
• If you can’t answer a customers question, what should
• When thanking a customer, it shows what?
• How do we thank a customer?
• No, you should always speak when greeting customers
• Yes, greeting customer can improve a business and
• Yes, asking questions help with selling and getting to
know your customer.
• Find someone who can help them
• That you respect them, and the business they bring to the
• Thank you for shopping with us, Thank you for coming in today
Thank you and come again