National Integration WE ARE INDIANS THE PRIDE OF OUR NATION
the movie• Border is a 1997 blockbuster Bollywood war film based on the Indo-Pakistani War of 1971. J. P. Dutta directed and produced this war epic which stars Sunny Deol, Sunil Shetty, Akshay Khanna, Jackie Shroff, Tabu, Pooja Bhatt, Puneet Issar, Kulbhushan Kharbanda, Raakhee and Sharbani Mukherjee
Introduction• The movie is an adaptation from real life events that happened at the Battle of Longewala fought in Rajasthan (Western Theatre) during the Indo- Pakistani War of 1971 and Bangladesh Liberation War. It is about how a band of 120 soldiers of the Punjab regiment of the Indian Army headed by Major Kuldip Singh Chandpuri successfully defended their post all night against a whole Tank regiment of the Pakistani Army, until assistance came from the Indian Air Force the next morning. The film was a critical and commercial hit in India.
The Starting• This hi-budget, multi-starrer film started out as a killer, as sixty were killed watching this film in Delhi when something exploded and set off smoke that raided the theater. The smoke was thought to be a special effect, when in real life it wasnt.
MESSAGE OF NATIONAL INTEGRATION IN THE MOVIE• Revolving around the Longewala Post in west Rajhastan during the war of 1971 between India and Pakistan, this movie unusually tied reality to Bollywood and brought through a message that could and should be understood by most people. Not much can be said about the story without revealing the whole plot. No doubt, the story is brilliant.
CHARACTERS• Acting is outstanding in this film. Everybody plays their role well. Sunil Shetty is unusually brilliant in his role, while Sunny Deol does a superb job as usual. Akshaye Khanna impresses again in his second performance. Jackie Shroff, although in an insignificant role, is suited perfectly for it and therefore plays it perfectly.
CINEMATOGRAPHY• For the technical aspects and the action scenes of the movie; the more we praise it, the better. Watching the war scenes on the big screen is a treat for the action lovers. There is momentum in the movie throughout, barring some romantic tracks and some songs. Cinematography and editing, both are at their very best. Screenplay has been written by Dutta himself whereas his father O.P. Dutta has written the dialogues. Dialogues could have been better. However J.P. Dutta has been able to cover this weakness by his forceful screenplay and action on the screen.
• J.P. Dutta’s own brother had got martyrdom in this war. Hence he has made this movie with personal emotions. That’s why Border seems to be coming straight out of his heart. Right from the very first frame, the movie grips the viewer and does not leave him till the very end.
• These emotions only seem to have led Dutta to go for some rhetoric too which could have been done away with. The shooting on real location with the utmost realistic revisiting of the warlike environment, the arms and the ammunition and finally the scenes of the war is simply mesmerizing and showcases Dutta’s highly admirable talent in making this type of a movie.
• . The toil and sincerety of Dutta and his whole team speaks for itself from each and every frame of the movie. It does not appear even for a moment that we are watching something imaginary. The viewer gets a genuine feeling of witnessing that unforgettable battle.
• The display of relevant locations and dates on the screen alongwith the scenes makes the narrative highly authentic.
• The personal problems of the soldiers alongwith the leave issues, the sentiments associated with the letters coming from their homes, the learning of a young militaryman as to how to kill the enemy without getting emotional about him etc. are the sensitive points dealt with by the master director with utmost care and sensitivity.
• Anu Malik has composed highly admirable music for this movie and strung the beautiful words penned by Javed Akhtar in memorable songs. Sandese Aate Hain by Sonu Nigam, Roop Kumar Rathod and others is definitely a memorable song to listen to as well as watch on the screen
•BORDER, A MOVIE YOU MUST WATCH….IF YOU LOVE YOUR MOTHER, INDIA….
• THANKYOU• FOR YOUR PRECIOUS TIME• HAVE A NICE DAY• A PRESENTATION BY:• ROHAN• ROHIT• KARAN• YOGESH• AKASH• AND, TRIAMBAK