Why Carbon Offsets?
Taking a look at our
What is a Carbon Footprint
• The carbon footprint is a measurement of
all greenhouse gases we individually
• World target to combat Global Warming:
2 tons per person
• Typical Canadian footprint:
20 tons per person
This is what that
Calculating Tom’s carbon footprint
• Owns a small car for out of town trips
• Cycles to work
• Eats vegetarian occasionally
• Does a lot of things an average Canadian
• But I decided to act…..
• I switched my home to renewable energy
• I did away with our car
• I now eat local and organic when available
• I installed new windows
• I did all those things you are supposed to
Just to recap…
Before I was aware
An Inconvenient Truth
After my travels
So what could I do?
• I had heard about Carbon Offsets…
• But what are those?
• By investing in offsets you contribute to
energy efficiency programmes around the
• This ensures that the same amount of
carbon your flights produce is prevented
from entering the atmosphere in the first
So I bought carbon offsets…
• It cost me CA$175
• To cover all those flights
And my footprint was back to…
Where it should be!
Now it is up to you!
• Educate your clients
• Offer carbon offsets
• Close the offset sale
Let’s make our
Click mouse to exit