• Parliament passed the Stamp Act .
• The American colonies already had a
long tradition of self Government
• After the french and indian war
, parliament passed the Stamp Act to
help raise money .
• Leaders from nine colonies held a
meeting in New York City .
• Samuel Adams was thinking about how
to protest the Stamp Act .
• Parliament repealed the Stamp Act
after bitter protest in the colonies .
• Parliament passed the town shed acts
, causing colonists to boycott british .
• British ships arrived in boston Harbor .
March 5 , 1770
• The city was ready to explode . When
angry colonists surrounded Hugh White
and his fellow soldiers , the soldiers
panicked killing five .
• Samuel Adams formed a committee of
• Committees of correspondence began
writing about the tea act , A new law
passed by the parliament .
• Disguised as mohawks colonists
dumped british tea into the boston
harbor to protest the Tea Act .
• Representatives from every colony
except Georgia met at the first
continental congress .
• Tensions between Britain and the
colonists exploded into the first battles
of the American Revolution .