Human Resources Policy
• Pantaloon Retail (India) Limited, is a
large Indian retailer, part of the
Future Group, and operates in multiple
retail formats in both, value and lifestyle,
segments of the Indian consumer market.
Headquartered in Mumbai, the company
has over 1,000 stores across 71 cities in
India and employs over 30,000 people
• Kishore Biyani is the Managing Director of
Pantaloon Retail (India) Ltd and the Group
Chief Executive Officer of Future Group.
Considered a pioneer of modern retail in
India, Kishore’s leadership has led
Pantaloon Retail’s emergence as India’s
leading retailer operating multiple retail
formats that cater to the entire basket of
We share the vision and belief that our customers and stakeholders
shall be served only by creating and executing future scenarios in
the consumption space leading to economic development.
We will be the trendsetters in evolving delivery formats, creating
retail realty, making consumption affordable for all customer
segments – for classes and for masses.
We shall infuse Indian brands with confidence and renewed
We shall be efficient, cost- conscious and committed to quality in
whatever we do.
We shall ensure that our positive attitude, sincerity, humility and
united determination shall be the driving force to make us
• VISION: “to deliver everything,
everywhere, every time to every Indian
consumer in the most profitable manner”
Images Fashion Awards (IFA) 2012
Most Admired Private Label Retailer - Pantaloons
Asia’s Best Employer Brand Awards
HR Leadership award - Mr. Ameet Naik, General Manager– HR FHDL
Employer of the Year (Retail Category) by Indira Group of Institutes –
Future Learning & Development Limited (FLDL)
• Hewitt Best Employers 2007
• Best Employers in India (Rank 14th) – Pantaloon Retail (India) Ltd.
Best Managed Company in India (Mid-cap) – Pantaloon retail (India) Ltd
Retail Asia Pacific Top 500 Awards, Singapore
Asia Pacific Best of the Best Retailers – Pantaloon Retail (India) Ltd
Best Retailer in India – Pantaloon Retail (India) Ltd
Human Resources management is controlled and managed overall
by the Head of Operations at the Head Office, reporting to the
• Planning and requisitioning for site is taken care by the store
manager in conjunction with the concerned zonal office head–from
time to time.
• The Operations Head will plan the requirement of various levels of
working team for the concerned project based on the following
inputs: Total area to be covered (based on the sq.ft 1 employee/ 350
• Managing the welfare and growth of the employees plays a highly
vital role in our operations, which can neither be underestimated nor
The sourcing of the prospective candidates for any level will be based
on the following policies:
• The candidates will be sourced from databases developed.
• The candidates will preferably come with a reference or walk in.
• For sales force level candidates will have a minimum qualification of
12th standard .
• For “executive” levels, candidates with a minimum experience in
similar work backgrounds in reputed industries/Corporate or
commercial establishments will be given preference
• The biggest challenge faced in the whole process of recruitment is
that only 50% turn up after recruitment.
• Two rounds of interviews are conducted (department & HR)
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
• Every employee joining will go through the following training and
familiarization stages before actually reporting at the relevant Work
site: Know your company ,Know your job ,Know your customer ,Know your market
• Training : in store & on the job
• Three training per month.
• The training really helps the employees in their growth and
• Every employee will be under constant evaluation for performance
and productivity. The evaluation for these will be as per company’s
policy’s existing. The HR Head through their relevant departmental
heads will evaluate all employees.
• All regular employees confirmed as on September are evaluated for
appraisal. The activity is performed in the month of March.
• The types of appraisal systems include :
• The Rating Scale and the Balance Score Card
• The rating scale is a performance appraisal form on which the
manager simply checks off the employee’s level of performance.
Some of the areas evaluated include quantity of work, quality of
work, dependability, judgment, attitude, cooperation, and initiative.
• Balance score card is a performance appraisal method that is used
to evaluate employee performance based on weightage. Performed
generally in the case of Band 2 level (executives)- self rating, 3rd
person (store manager/ zonal manager).
There is a budget allocated for each store on the basis of which
compensation is calculated.
Monetary & non Monetary rewards are given to the employees
Monetary – vouchers and gifts
Non monetary- awards and certificates
Increments are given in salary of employees after performance
appraisal. The attitude they show to their company, client,
colleagues, superiors and the customer is to be treated in high
priority for their growth assessment.
Promotion : two times a year
Benefits to the employees
PF , ESI, Gratuity and other benefits as under the Govt of India
Employee discount cards
Future Generali India Life Insurance Company Ltd.
Future Generali India Life Insurance Company Ltd. (FGILICL) was
incorporated on October 30, 2006 to establish and conduct the
business of life insurance in India, which comprises of whole life
insurance, endowment insurance, double benefit and multiple
benefits insurance etc.
• Each employee contributes Rs.145 per month under this scheme.
• Upto 1 lakh amount is given if the employee expires
• Education : The mission of Future University is to prepare
graduates with innovative minds to face global challenges with
creativity. They offer a rich and rewarding educational experience to
all who wishes to pursue higher education (courses like BBA, MBA).
Follows a certain Band
Band 5 – strategic decision makers (CEO, MD)
Band 4- Managers (business heads)
Band 3- deputy managers, store managers
Band 2 – specialists (executives)
Band 1 - coordinators (sales force, floor staffs)
• Store Manager : Operational and support
• Operational : department managers – executives (store
• Support :
• HR – junior-assistant
Absenteeism / Migration
• Leave plan should be intimated and got
approved with one’s Manager.
• Managing absenteeism is not easy as it
connects with people’s needs and wants.
Most of the employees often migrate due
to salary problems and 70% of the sales
people are not stable.