• ULD: This is the abbreviation for the Unit Load Device, which is a container that
has an integral pallet, an aircraft pallet or aircraft container.
• Ultimate Consignee: This refers to the individual who is located in a
foreign country who intends to receive the export for the end use.
• Transshipment: It is the method of route taken to send an export good
through an intermediate country before it is routed to the intended country of the
• NVD: An abbreviation that means No Value Declared.
• HAWB: This is a term that refers to the House Airway Bill, which is issued by the
agent of the carrying airlines.
• Direct Ship: Direct Shipping is shipping which is done without any
• DDU: It is the abbreviation for Delivery Duty Unpaid.
• LD3: This refers to the Lower Deck Type 3 Container (see Lower Deck below).
This is considered to be the most widely used container for passenger aircraft.
• ATA: It is an abbreviation for the word "Actual Time of Arrival" as well as "Air
Transport of America" and "Airport to Airport" depending upon the context.
• Lower Deck: Synonymous with lower lobe and lower hold, this
compartment which is situated below the main deck (see below)
Visit this link for complete list:
Glossary of Air Freight Terms