Mendoza Ideas Challenge
• One month long challenge
• Goal: To leverage the collective brainpower of the alumni
base to create a lasting social impact on a societal issue
• Provide an opportunity for alumni as individuals or as a
group to submit ideas to solve a societal challenge
• Hope to run one challenge with different focus, each year
This year’s challenge – Reducing your carbon footprint
• Will run from May 15 to June 15
• How can we work to reduce our own carbon footprint in
the workplace and help our companies reduce their
• Please share your ideas on technologies, processes,
policies and products that can create a more eco-friendly
office! Your idea can be something your company already
does, or a new, bold idea not yet seen in the marketplace.
Big ideas, small ideas and everything in between are
• Visit: mendoza.nd.edu/ideaschallenge
• Review the challenge question and the
other brainstorming questions
• Login and submit your ideas, and also vote
and comment on others
• Clubs can participate as a group!
– Host an event focused on the Challenge
– Use the “inspiration” questions to create a facilitated
– Brainstorm with fellow club members, and then
submit your ideas online
– Use our social media kit to promote the initiative
– Report this event on your annual club report as a
community service event, and you will receive credit
• How might you create an event centered
on the Mendoza Ideas Challenge?
• How many alums do you think would be
interested in attending?
• What future topics would you like to see
tackled by this type of initiative?
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are
interested in piloting the ND Impact
• Email email@example.com if you would like
to host an event centered on the Mendoza