● Open Source revolution: automotive going through a
disruptive transformation process. Déjà vu.
● There is an opportunity window to hit first, so hit twice.
● There are open collaborative ecosystems where we
can contribute: Automotive Grade Linux & GENIVI
¿Por qué automoción? En resumen...
● ... full of potential investors into KDE:
○ AGL members.
○ GENIVI Alliance members.
● Qt as main player but experiencing resistance to the
new licensing model. We can/should help.
● These open ecosystems working as learning
environments in FLOSS.
● Our nature, values and goals match theirs.
Why automotive? In summary...
… kick some butts and...
But specially because we can ...
● AGL (Linux Foundation initiative):
● Use Yocto. Based on Poky.
● Distros: AGL UCB, AGL demo and SDK.
● GENIVI Alliance:
● Use Yocto. Based en Poky.
● Distros: Baseline y GDP. Automotive middleware components.
● Shared IRC in freenode: #automotive
Automotive open collaborative environments
● Principal Consultant - FOSS at Codethink Ltd
● Currently focused on:
○ Consulting on automotive.
○ Represent Codethink at the L.F. (CIP & AGL) & GENIVI (2015 - 2016).
● KDE guy. KDE eV and KDE Spain member.
● Interested? Really? Visit: http://www.toscalix.com