Unfuddling your bugs
or, how to keep your boss happy.
• Matt Allen
• CTO / Code Monkey at iseekgolf.com
Coming up ...
• Who is Unfuddle?
• Online Hosted Ticketing System
• SVN (soon to be git) Hosting & Integration
• RESTful API
• OS X Dashboard Widget
• Coming Soon
Who is it?
• Couple of dudes from Hawaii
• Very helpful and open to suggestions
• Sponsored acts_as_conference recently
Online Hosted Ticketing System
• Private Bug tracker, no public interface.
• RESTful API, so you could make your own if
you wanted to
• Multiple Projects per UF account
• Permission based, can have different people
on different projects
SVN Hosting & Integration
Powerful Commit messages
• Resolve (resolves, resolved, ﬁx, ﬁxes, ﬁxed) will change the status of the speciﬁed
tickets to Resolved.
• Close (closes, closed) will change the status of the speciﬁed tickets to Closed.
• Addresses (references, refs, re, see) will associate the Subversion Changeset with
the speciﬁed tickets noting that the ticket was affected by the commit in some
• Assign (assigns, assigned, reassign, reassigns, reassigned) will reassign the speciﬁed
tickets to the username that follows.OS X Dashboard Widget
> svn commit -m 'fixed #372 and #456 and closed #385'
> svn commit -m 'resolves #22 & reassigns #22 to david'
> svn commit -m 'refs #124, #125 and #129 and closes #126'
• Rails App so get standard rails results for
free (XML,JSON) plus (RSS,ICS,TGZ)
• Uses basic HTTP Auth, account_username
• I wrote a SVN post-commit hook for
externally hosted SVN repos
• Google Dashboard Gadget (for those
• Archival of Projects (essentially doubling
project limitations for most plans)
• Branding and domain masking (for http://
• and some other secret goodies :-)