Sta. Elena (Camarines Norte) College
Pob. Sta. Elena, Camarines Norte
Dining Room &
TEST I.DIRECTION. Write “R” if the
statement is true and “A” if the
statement is wrong. (2pts each)
1. All guest wants to be & appreciate
2. The one difference that will make a
restaurant stand out is the service.
3. Guests are not enjoy talking about
their experiences at a restaurant.
4. Historically, excellent service has
been the biggest complaint about
5. Word of Mouth has more effect
on business at a restaurant or
banquet house than any factor.
6. By the power of word of mouth,
1,070 people will believe taht your
restaurant is poor. This is the
impact of positive word of mouth.
7. The restaurant that succeed &
prosper are those owners take the
time to pay attention to details &
make their guest feel welcome in
8. Service is defined by two
words – excellence and
9. Competence service occurs
when guests in a restaurant
never have to ask for anything.
10. The most important
ingredient in successful service
is the human element, that is the
concern for the guests.
12. The cuisine of Russia was
greatly influenced by the French.
13. It takes longer to serve gusts
using French service.
14. The restaurant must employ
highly skilled service staff,
knowledgeable in cooking aswell
15. French service, is the showy
and elegant service.
16. Spoon is the oldest of all
eating utensils, it is also the
17. Attention to details,
especially in regard to table
settings, is critical for a
guest’s first impression of
18. Dining in America was
19. Whatever type of
tablecloths, placemats &
napkins are used in a
restaurant, they should be
attractive, clean & appropriate
to the restaurants style.
20. American service is
characterized by portioning all
the food on the dinner plate in
Provide a blank
for the answer of
1. It is also called plate
service or German service.
2. is a meal where all the
food has been preselected
by the host before the
guests enter the room.
3. It is the most elegant of
5. Is characterized by the guests
obtaining either their whole meal
or parts of the meal from food that
is displayed in the dining room.
6. A buffet where the tables are set
with utensils and guests are
served coffee & perhaps desert,
by the waiter.
7. A buffet where the guests are
served the first & second course,
8. The first restaurant
opened in Paris, France.
9. In French Service, they
are the waiter.
10. It is the act or manner of
serving food and drinks.