Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.



Published on

  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this


  1. 1. Travel Documents <ul><li>U.S. Passport </li></ul><ul><li>International Student ID </li></ul><ul><li>Registering with the State Department </li></ul>
  2. 2. Should You Apply In Person? Yes Your name has changed since your passport was issued and you do not have a legal document formally changing your name. Yes Your previous passport has expired and it was issued when you were under 16. Yes Your previous U.S. passport has expired & was issued more than 15 years ago. Yes Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen, or damaged. Yes You are applying for a U.S. passport for the first time.
  3. 3. To Apply in Person for a U.S. Passport for the first time You MUST: <ul><li>1. Provide Application for Passport, Form DS-11 </li></ul><ul><li>2. Present Proof of U.S. Citizenship </li></ul><ul><li>3. Present Proof of Identity (i.e. Photo ID) </li></ul><ul><li>4. Provide Two Passport Photos </li></ul><ul><li>5. Pay the Applicable Fee </li></ul><ul><li>6. Provide a Social Security Number </li></ul><ul><li>Details: </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul>
  4. 4. Where to Apply for a Passport within 10 miles of 45219 10 (800) 275-8777 45240-9998 OH Cincinnati 670 Northland Blvd. USPS Passport Agent - Parkdale Branch 10 (513) 741-7770 45251 OH Cincinnati 8721 Colerain Avenue USPS Groesbeck Branch 10 (513) 742-6650 45240 OH Cincinnati 1216 W. Kemper Rd. Hamilton County Clerk of Court 9 (800) 275-8777 45243 OH Cincinnati 7737 Laurel Ave. USPS Passport Agent - Madeira Branch 7 (800) 275-8777 45230-9998 OH Cincinnati 6117 Campus Lane USPS Passport Agent - Mt. Washington Station 7 (513) 946-8140 45227 OH Cincinnati 3370 Red Bank Road Hamilton County Clerk of Courts (Redbank Auto Titl 7 (859) 341-1515 41017 KY Villa Hills 719 Rogers Road City Of Villa Hills 7 (859) 331-1212 41017 KY Fort Mitchell 2355 Dixie Highway City of Fort Mitchell 6 (800) 275-8777 45258-9998 OH Cincinnati 3644 Werk Rd. USPS Passport Agent - Don Marrs Station 5 1-800-275-8777 45222-9998 OH Cincinnati 1730 Section Rd. USPS Passport Agent - Roselawn Station 5 (513) 347-0567 45238 OH Cincinnati 5089B Glencrossing Way Hamilton County Clerk of Court, Western Hills 4 (606) 261-4425 41011 KY Covington 700 Scott Blvd USPS Passport Agent 1 1-800-275-8777 45202-9998 OH Cincinnati 525 Vine St. USPS Passport Agent - Queen City Station 1 1-800-275-8777 45214-9998 OH Cincinnati 1623 Dalton Ave. USPS Passport Agent - Main Office 1 (513) 369-6971 45202 OH Cincinnati 800 Vine Street Public Documents/Patents Public Library of Cincinnati/Hamilton Co. 1 (513) 946-4646 45202 OH Cincinnati 1001 Main St. Hamilton County Clerk of Courts (Auto Titles) 0 1-800-275-8777 45219-9998 OH Cincinnati 2917 Vine St. USPS Passport Agent - Corryville Post Office Distance Public Phone ZIP Code State City Street Address Facility Name
  5. 5. How to Apply for a Passport Renewal <ul><li>YES, If You… </li></ul><ul><li>Already have a passport that is not damaged; and </li></ul><ul><li>Received it within the past 15 years; and </li></ul><ul><li>Were at least age 16 when it was issued; and </li></ul><ul><li>Still have the same name as in passport (or you can legally document your name change). </li></ul>Should You Apply for a Passport Renewal by Mail?
  6. 6. Passport Renewal <ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li>Be sure to sign and date your application. </li></ul>1. Complete Application For Passport By Mail , form DS-82 <ul><li>Your most recent passport </li></ul><ul><li>Two identical passport photographs </li></ul><ul><li>And, a $67 fee payable to the U.S. Department of State. </li></ul><ul><li>If you need your passport urgently, you may request Expedited Service. </li></ul>2. Attach to it: <ul><li>Enclose a certified copy of the legal document specifying your name change (e.g. marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption decree, or court order). </li></ul><ul><li>No photocopies accepted. </li></ul>3. If your name has changed since your passport was issued: National Passport Center P.O. Box 371971 Pittsburgh, PA 15250-7971 4. Mail in a padded envelope to: Passport Services - Lockbox Attn: Passport Supervisor 371971 500 Ross Street, Rm. 154-0670 Pittsburgh, PA 15250-9971 5. If you use an overnight delivery service that does not deliver to a post office box, then send it to:
  7. 7. How Long Will it Take to Process a Passport Application? 2 Weeks Expedited Service* *Plus Overnight delivery service for: Sending your application and Returning your passport to you 6 Weeks Routine Service At a Passport Acceptance Facility* or By Mail (for renewal, additional pages, and amendment) You will receive your passport within about And Choose If you apply
  8. 8. International Student ID <ul><li>The International Student Identity Card is endorsed by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization,often called the ISIC (pronounced &quot;eye'zic“) </li></ul><ul><li>supplemental health and travel insurance, discounts for museums and attractions, and discount travel </li></ul><ul><li>Available in the Institute for Global Study Abroad office at UC </li></ul><ul><li>Bring a passport size photo and $22. </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul>
  9. 9. Registering Travel Plans with the State Department <ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li>Assist US citizens who are victims of crime, accident, or illness, or whose family and friends need to contact them in an emergency when abroad </li></ul><ul><li>When an emergency happens, or if natural disaster, terrorism, or civil unrest strikes during your foreign travel, the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate can be your source of assistance and information </li></ul>
  10. 10. Note on Cuba <ul><li>You’re not “suppose” to go there </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Prevent money from being spent in Cuba </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>One can obtain a Travel License through US Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) </li></ul></ul><ul><li>But if you go without a license.. </li></ul><ul><ul><li>“ Soy de los Estados Unidos. Por favor, no le pongan el sello a mi pasaporte. Gracias.” </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Cuban Customs officials are not required to stamp your passport </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Fines range up to $65,000 </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>.. And if you get in trouble you are on your own </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>http:// </li></ul></ul>