Preliminary Activity (Mood Setting) Cat Got Your Tongue (KOKOLOGY) A dog may be mans best friend, but a cat always seems to beits own best friend. You may love them or hate them, but cats haveshared as long a history with us humans as any species of animalon earth, and its safe to say that theyll be around for ages to come.We all have our individual perceptions about the cat. Which of thefollowing four phrases strikes closest to the image you hold? 1. Basking in the sun. 2. Mysterious and inscrutable. 3. Pleasantly soft to the touch. 4. A companionless creature.
The description you selected as applying best to cats reveals thenature of your own true self, in its positive and negative aspects.1. Basking in the sun.In describing the catlike activity, rather than the cat itself, you showsensitivity toward the natural actions of things within theirenvironments. This makes you an accepting and easily acceptableperson, capable of getting along well with everyone you meet.2. Mysterious and inscrutable.You instinctively choose to describe the cat in terms of itspersonality, almost as if it were human. Your true inner self is akaleidoscope, changing and renewing itself constantly. This makespredicting your behavior an endlessly intriguing challenge to thepeople who love you, but more trouble than youre worth to thosewho do not know you.
3. Pleasantly soft to the touch.To you, the cat presents itself as a physical object, definedspecifically in terms of how it affects you. You see the world assomething created to serve you. This tendency may manifest itself asan aura of calm self-assurance or simply as excessive self-involvement.4. A companionless creature.You define the cat in social terms, showing the emphasis you placeon the role of the individual within (or apart from) the group. Youare most deeply attuned to the emotional and social realms, makingyou appear caring, warm, and genuinely concerned about others.
1. What did you feel when you heard the interpretation?2. Does the interpretation describe you? Why? Why not?
*Main ActivityMain Activity (15 mins.)Approach/Strategy: Value ClarificationName of Activity: Getting to know YOUDirections: Each student will be given a series ofinventories (checklists) to be answer at home; theinventories are character traits inventory, fearsinventory, interests inventory, relationshipsinventory, learning styles and the self-portrait.
*Processing Questions 1. What did you feel while answering the tests? 2. What inventory did you have difficulty/ easy in answering? 3. Does answering the activity sheets makes you know yourself better? Why? 4. Does the inventory portray the kind of person you are or what would you like to become? Why? 5. Does accepting yourself make you confident? Why? 6. How else can we accept ourselves?1.
* Abstraction (Graphic Organizer) Affirmation or acceptance of self in spite of weaknesses or deficiences Individual’s satisfaction or Definition happiness with himself. Self-Acceptance Involves Self-Understanding Challenge • We think if we punish Ways Self-Accepting ourselves enough, we’ll • Knowing who I • Cultivating Self- Am Compassion change. • Practicing Self- • Letting go of guilt • We don’t believe we Kindness • Learning to forgive deserve self- • Loving myself as ourselves acceptance. I Am • Giving up self- • Being true to control. myself • Trust myself
* Evaluation (TEST)Directions: Fill in the blanks the correct answer.________1.It involves Self-Understanding.________ 2.The most difficult barrier to overcome: belief that were exerting some sort of meaningful control when we fight against something.________ 3.It is the start of the journey of self-acceptance that we do not seem to know about ourselves.________ 4.The habit in which you belittle yourself, criticize or punish yourself._________ 5.It is identifying with your personality more than your essence._________ 6-7. Give the meaning of Self-Acceptance_________ 8-10. Give Three (3) reasons why Self-Acceptance is a challenge.
* Answer Key1. Self-acceptance2. Giving up self-control3. Knowing who I Am4. Self-denigration5. Self-rejection6-7. Individual’s satisfaction or happiness with himself. Affirmation or acceptance of self in spite of weaknesses or deficiencies Involves Self-Understanding8-10. we think if we punish ourselves enough, we’ll change. We don’t believe we deserve self-acceptance. Giving up self-control.
*Assignment The students will be group into four bycounting and then each group will choose a songabout self-acceptance; they will present it to classand explain how this song is about self-acceptanceand what the implication of the song is in their life.