Be the first to like this
This presentation gives insight in the assessment procedure developed for accreditation of judges / assessors in floristry design.
A draft competence profile for a qualified judge / assessor in floristry design was developed by Florint together with a reflection group of highly esteemed and experienced professional judges, from various countries. During a project of over two years, involving the florist organisations of 5 European countries, a sound and coherent certification syste3m was developed. The 16 delegates of all project partners first reflected on the draft competence profile. This consultation lead to a final and more detailed competence profile, which is being used as basis for the certification procedure on (inter)national level.
The aim of the assessment procedure is to establish whether a person, wanting to become a certified judge, indeed possesses the competences listed in this profile. The national assessment consists of a series of coherent steps, which normally are:
1. The applying portfolio that needs to be fully completed by the candidate before the assessment;
2. The candidates written analysis, to be made of one floral arrangement with the analysing form that is supplied.
3. The candidates judging of 5 competition pieces using the national judging system.
4. The candidates educational assessment using the regular national educational assessment system.
5. The candidates guided group discussion or paired group discussion.
6. The candidates interview with the assessment committee.