Sentinel Telemedicine Services

552 views

Published on

I am seeking funding to start-up a telemedicine service to monitor and manage critically ill patients in the intensive care unit.

Published in: Health & Medicine
0 Comments
1 Like
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Views
Total views
552
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
17
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
0
Comments
0
Likes
1
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Sentinel Telemedicine Services

  1. 1. Todd Kelly, M.D. Manager & CEO Sentinel Telemedicine Services
  2. 2. <ul><li>What is Sentinel Telemedicine Services? </li></ul><ul><ul><li>24 hour remote monitoring and management of critically ill patients </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Utilizes critical care doctors and nurses </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Utillizes Visicu software to assist practitioners </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Automatic alerts </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Task lists </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Medication and Allergy alerts </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Reporting tools </li></ul></ul></ul>Sentinel Telemedicine Services
  3. 3. <ul><li>Why the need for Sentinel Telemedicine Services? </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Decreasing Supply </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Fewer than 15% of all ICU’s have intensivists </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>20-30% shortage of intensivists over the next 10-20 years </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Increasing Demand </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Leapfrog compliance </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Aging demographics </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>JCAHO ORYX initiative </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Explosion of hospital quality info on WWW </li></ul></ul></ul>Sentinel Telemedicine Services
  4. 4. Technical Overview - Architecture Data Center eICU ® Clinical Workstation HCA Workstation / eVantage Production & Test Server Rack Hospital HIS System ADT System Lab System PACS System Hospital Network Internet The Source ASP Hosted eCareManager HIS/PACS Hospital 1 Hospital 2 Hospital 3 Hospital 4 Internet VISICU VPN Access Patient Rooms **Central Monitor Patient Monitoring Remote Viewing Gateway Patient Rooms Central Monitor Patient Monitoring Nurse's Station Telephone Hot Phone Laser printer Video Conferencing eCareManager/ The Source Nurse's Station Telephone Hot Phone Laser printer Video Conferencing eCareManager/ The Source Remote Viewing Gateway X - ray Scanner X - ray Scanner Bedside Monitors Voice Bedside Monitors Audio/Video Bedside Monitors Voice Bedside Monitors Audio/Video Patient Rooms **Central Monitor Patient Monitoring Remote Viewing Gateway Patient Rooms Central Monitor Patient Monitoring Nurse's Station Telephone Hot Phone Laser printer Video Conferencing eCareManager/ The Source Nurse's Station Telephone Hot Phone Laser printer Video Conferencing eCareManager/ The Source Remote Viewing Gateway X - ray Scanner X - ray Scanner Bedside Monitors Voice Bedside Monitors Audio/Video Bedside Monitors Voice Bedside Monitors Audio/Video Patient Rooms **Central Monitor Patient Monitoring Remote Viewing Gateway Patient Rooms Central Monitor Patient Monitoring Nurse's Station Telephone Hot Phone Laser printer Video Conferencing eCareManager/ The Source Nurse's Station Telephone Hot Phone Laser printer Video Conferencing eCareManager/ The Source Remote Viewing Gateway X - ray Scanner X - ray Scanner Bedside Monitors Voice Bedside Monitors Audio/Video Bedside Monitors Voice Bedside Monitors Audio/Video Patient Rooms **Central Monitor Patient Monitoring Remote Viewing Gateway Patient Rooms Central Monitor Patient Monitoring Nurse's Station Telephone Hot Phone Laser printer Video Conferencing eCareManager/ The Source Nurse's Station Telephone Hot Phone Laser printer Video Conferencing eCareManager/ The Source Remote Viewing Gateway X - ray Scanner X - ray Scanner Bedside Monitors Voice Bedside Monitors Audio/Video Bedside Monitors Voice Bedside Monitors Audio/Video
  5. 5. Sentinel Telemedicine Services
  6. 6. Sentinel Telemedicine Services
  7. 7. <ul><li>Market Potential </li></ul><ul><ul><li>5,136 ICU beds in Texas </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>$234-$281 million/year total annual market potential </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Assuming $130-$150/bed/day price </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><li>Growth Plan </li></ul><ul><ul><li>FY 1: 100 beds (1.9% market share) </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>FY 2: 200 beds (3.8% market share) </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>FY 3: 300 beds (5.8% market share) </li></ul></ul>Sentinel Telemedicine Services
  8. 8. <ul><li>Investment Opportunity </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Capital Requirements $3.5 million </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>70 units at $50,000 per unit </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Minimum 3 units </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>May sell up to 90 units </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Accredited investors only </li></ul></ul>Sentinel Telemedicine Services
  9. 9. <ul><li>Return on Investment </li></ul><ul><ul><li>10% interest on outstanding principal per year </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Prior to repayment of principal and interest </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>90% of all disbursements to repay investor principal and interest </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Remaining 10% to Manager/CEO </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>After repayment of all investor principal </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>35% of all disbursements to investors in perpetuity </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Remaining 65% to Manager/CEO </li></ul></ul></ul>Sentinel Telemedicine Services
  10. 10. <ul><li>Why did MHHS eICU close? </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Early adopter </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Failure to get physician and nursing “buy-in” </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>“Big Brother” perception </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Service directed at wrong customer </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Poor customer service skills </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>eICU was asked to be the “change agent” </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Inadequate metrics to measure eICU impact </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>MHHS budget constraints </li></ul></ul>Sentinel Telemedicine Services
  11. 11. <ul><ul><li>Questions? </li></ul></ul>Sentinel Telemedicine Services

×