Vietnamese Ceramics & Pottery Manufacturer & Supplier
A leading manufacturer & exporter of Vietnamese pottery, ceramics, home garden
decorative product, equipment, accessories: pottery clay, ceramic pots, terracotta
pots, water garden fountains, garden pots & planters.
Head Ofﬁce: 298 Ung Van Khiem,Ward 25, Binh Thanh, District HCMC,Vietnam
Showroom: A4, 4 Hamlets, Tan Van Ward, Bien Hoa City, Dong Nai Province. Vietnam
10 TIPS TO CARE FOR YOUR ANTIQUE CERAMICS
To care for your antique ceramics you need a gentle touch and they’ll last you a long time. This month we’ll give you
some useful tips to help you care for them.
1. When you are cleaning delicate ceramics, remember to use a soft-bristled brush to wash antique ceramics in
warm soapy water.
2. Rinse with warm, clear water.
3. Don’t rub ceramics dry; let them dry naturally.
4. Avoid abrasive products and bleach.
5. Avoid soaking antique ceramics. If there are any repairs,
extended soaking could loosen them.
6. Avoid plate hangers. They do great damage to antique ceramics because over time the pressure from the hanger
will cause cracks.
7. Display ceramics on sturdy plate stands or plate rails.
8. Avoid hanging antique ceramics such as cups, pots or vases by their handles or other weak areas.
9. Don’t attempt repairs. It is tricky work and you’ll never be able to match the paint colours exactly on your own.
Bring a damaged ceramic to a qualiﬁed ceramics restorer. Repairing a bad restoration disaster will cost you more
than ﬁxing it right the ﬁrst time.
10. Avoid serving food on restored ceramics; the chemicals used in the restoration could be hazardous.
Visit http://www.tkceramics.com for more ceramics articles.