A Whirlwind Tour through Google Analytics- Googlefest June 2014
A Whirlwind Tour through Google Analytics
Googlefest June 2014 - Charleston SC
Marketing Consultant and Trainer
Tag campaigns – URL Builder
• You see and click on
• You land on
• How do people find you?
• Does behavior change based
on the source?
• Is it behavior you expect?
• If it’s positive, you may want
to put more resources into
that traffic source.
• What pages are acting as the intro
to your site?
• Can they be improved?
• Is your important messaging there?
• Are your top landing pages also
your top exit pages?
• Is there a call-to-action?
So how do you lower bounce rate?
• Limit how much is in the sidebar of the
page so visitors aren’t overwhelmed.
–Ex. 3 posts instead of 30 posts
• Additional resources are good but don’t
overdo it with external links.
• Make related content stand out.