1. Learning - User Group’s provide a unique opportunity for people to learn from their peers.2. Networking – The opportunity to network and make new connections with industry peers, make new friends is endless.3. Sharing Experiences – Most human beings love to share and highlight their expertise and knowledge. During most community meetings, members share their challenges and experiences with each other.4. Job Opportunities – Many a door has opened up due to new contacts made via the community.5. Meeting Experts - Typical user group meetings feature an expert speaker who shares knowledge among the community members.6. Solutions to Problems - Community members are very helpful in helping one another. Most user group sites feature an online forum enabling interactions between members.7. Free Giveaways – Communities are magnets for various vendors and most meetings often have giveaways for their members.
Identify highly used features in similar communities.Develop a functional specification (only include the essential features in the beginning (e.g. discussion boards). Wireframe the platform (make sure the latest activity is above the fold on the landing page of the community).Select a vendor (use previous examples of active communities they have developed with plenty of referrals and develop the plat-form.
Teasing about your coming community.Activating your potential member desire that coming community will bring to them. Initiate discussions on topics highlighted in the audience analysis.Individually prompt members (active and inactive) to participate in the community.Individually interact and build relationship with the early members.Move the community to the new platform.
At the very first step, you have to direct interact with key members.As the community grows, you shift from direct interactions to macro-level activities.Write content about the communityOrganize regular events and activitiesRecruit your first volunteerInitiate referral techniqueImplement sense of community tactics. Integrate community activities with the organizationAll of your action at this step aim to: 30% of growth and activity being initiated by members.Develop a sense of community. The next step: Maturity
E brand ocb introduction_1611
Online CommunityBuilding Introduction
Agenda Brand • Brands situationAnalytics • Brands expectation • What is Online Community Building (OCB) OCBSolution • What benefit OCB bring back to brand? • How to build an Online Community • How does a community work? OCBSolution • Online Community Case-studies • Conclusion
Brands situation Big brand without any strong Strong brand but bored perception in consumers mind with Social Media 1 2 5Non-stop battle 3 4 Launching new product without any strategy to build brand perception Losing position in market
Big brand without any strong perception in consumers mind Café cho phái mạnh Khơi nguồn sáng tạoIs Vinacafe really natural? 5Private & Confidential – Copyright eBrand Co., Ltd 2009
Big brand without any strong perception in consumers mindWhere Bavi Milk and Nutifood in consumer mind?
Big brand without any strong perception in consumers mind 7Private & Confidential – Copyright eBrand Co., Ltd 2009
Big brand without any strong perception in consumers mind How about this guy? How many percent consumer talking about them?
Non-stop battle>< ><>< ><>< ><>< Who will be the winner?
Losing position in market Do they want to improve?
Launching new product without any strategy to build brand perception Description of the contents Sony So, How many brands do launching campaign like them?
Strong brand which boring with Social media and they did think longer… What do you think about them?
Brands expectation Hold on a huge of loyalty consumersDirectly brand value cancommunicate get intowith consumer consumerswithout any social perceptionplatform Brands expectationListening long termconsumer inside commitment to build a strong brand Increasing new consumer via WOM 13Private & Confidential – Copyright eBrand Co., Ltd 2009
Online Community Building Solution 14Private & Confidential – Copyright eBrand Co., Ltd 2009
2. PLATFORM DEVELOPMENT Realizing your platform. Don’t leave your technical team alone at this Step. Don’t leave your valuing concept uselessly. • Identify highly used features 1 • Develop a functional specification 2 • Wireframe the platform 3
3. INCEPTION While your technical team developing the platform, you got jobs to do with very first members before the community platform being established. Teasing Activation Prompting Interaction
4. ESTABLISHMENT After a long road, now you have a … baby community. Everything seems just started. This is the first step Events and Content activities production organization Community Tactics activities implementation integration
5. MATURITY From junior to senior community • You also need to worry about the return on investment here. Optimize social density of the platform Steer the direction of the community in desirable areas Ensure the community is influential within its sector Optimize the newcomer to regular conversion ratio Optimize the community platform Establish clear goals and vision for the community.
How does a OnlineCommunity work? 29Private & Confidential – Copyright eBrand Co., Ltd 2009
Community platform withexclusive content and interesting activities
Conclusions What benefits forcommunity members? What benefits for brand? Customer Relationship Advertising & Communication Generate leads and Incomes 36Private & Confidential – Copyright eBrand Co., Ltd 2009
Conclusions How to build anOnline Community 5. Maturity How does an Online 4. Establishment 3. Inception 2. Platform Community work? Development 1. Planning Community platform with exclusive content and interesting activities 37Private & Confidential – Copyright eBrand Co., Ltd 2009
Please tell us your considerations and get more advises from our professional consultantsPham Lan Khanh - Account ManagerEmail : firstname.lastname@example.orgTrần Nguyễn Anh Thư – Senior Account ExecutiveEmail: Thutna@ebrand.vneBrand Co,.LtdAdd: 339/46 Le Van Sy, Ward 13, District 3, HCMC, VietnamTel: (08) 6272 6462 - 3526 4554Website: www.ebrand.vn 38Private & Confidential – Copyright eBrand Co., Ltd 2009