This presentation was done for the IFAC SMP (Small to Medium Practice Committee).
Recent research says that the business environment for CPAs and their clients will be characterized by “unprecedented, massive and highly accelerated change” through 2025. To thrive in this new age of hyper-change and growing uncertainty, it is now an imperative to learn a new competency—how to accurately anticipate the future. The key to success in this fast-changing environment is to commit to changing before you are being forced to. This session will offer insights into the changing dynamic of the CPA Profession. Tom covers the five key steps for accountants to be future-ready:
1) initiate change before you are disrupted;
2) go digital;
3) elevate skills - if you automate you must elevate;
4) protect the core and stimulate progress; and
5) enjoy the ride.
In a period of rapid change, such as the one we are all living in, those who are aware, predictive, and adaptive will lead the charge for success in the firms of tomorrow, and enjoy the ride.
- Understand the latest trends facing CPA firms and the accounting market
- Learn about the shifts in CPA Practices and the top challenges they are facing
- Identify opportunities to use this market knowledge to position your products and services