Student Bio with Photo
English 343: American Literature
Description of Assignment
• For this assignment, you will write a short bio
that includes a photo of you.
• I use this assignment to help me learn your
name and also to assign participation
• The bio assignment is worth 10 points, and
these are part of the participation points
you will earn at midterm.
• If you have concerns about posting a
photo of yourself and uploading it to
bblearn, you may print out your student bio
and hand it to me.
• Bblearn, however, is secure, and I do not
share your photo or bio content with
• Requirements for Bio Content: Open a
doument file and Type your name at
the top of your bio and bold it.
Underneath, write the content.
Use first person (i.e. “I”) and tell me your
major, career goals, and what you
hope to learn in the course. Tell me
anything else that will help me
understand who you are. Keep it short.
About 150 words should do it.
• Requirements for Photo: You should be
the only person in the photo, and it
should clearly show your face. Your
photo should be approximately 2” x 3”
but don’t be too rigid about that.
• Please resize the photo if needed, use
this free tool: fotoflexor. If your photo file
is over 1MB, it will load too slowly, so
please compress the file.
• See the example on the next slide.
Format. The layout of your bio should look like the example
below. I just created a two column table and inserted
Lola’s photo on one side and wrote the content on the
other. Next, I deleted the inside borders of the table.
You could also insert your photo and wrap text around it.
Submit your bio to the drop box in bblearn in a Word or PDF file.