Towards Better Products
• Problem: what problem do we solve?
• Target Audience: for whom are we doing this?
• Vision: why are we doing this?
• Strategy: how are we doing this?
• Goals: what do we want to achieve?
• Features: what are we doing?
TARGET GROUP BIG PICTURE PRODUCT DETAILS
The users and the customers with their needs.
Personas are a great way to describe the target
items to reach the goal.
The items are ordered from one to n, and may be
captured as detailed user stories.
The desired user experience (UX): the user journeys, the product
functionality, the visual design, and the nonfunctional properties.
and constraint stories are helpful techniques.
NAME The name of the product.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
THE PRODUCT CANVAS
GOAL Your overarching goal. METRICS
The measures to determine
if the goal has been met.
Template version 03/14
• In order to ( vision ),
our product will solve ( target audience )’s
problem of ( user problem )
by giving them ( strategy ).
• We will know if our product works when we see
( goal ).