Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.
Ecuador
Geography 
Country Name: Republic of Ecuador 
Capital: Quito 
Main Cities: Quito, Guayaquil, Cuenca 
Land Area: 106,889 mi...
Social 
Languages: Spanish is the official language spoken by 93% of Ecuador’s population. 
Foreign languages and indigeno...
Transportation & Communication 
Airports: Ecuador has many small airports all over the country. The major International 
A...
Political 
Government: Republic 
Branches: Executive, legislative, and judicial 
Chief of State: President Rafael Correa
Economic 
Currency: US Dollar 
Major Industries: Oil, bananas, shrimp, coffee, 
metal work, wood products, chemicals, text...
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

Ecuador.

672 views

Published on

Ecuador

Published in: Business
  • Login to see the comments

  • Be the first to like this

Ecuador.

  1. 1. Ecuador
  2. 2. Geography Country Name: Republic of Ecuador Capital: Quito Main Cities: Quito, Guayaquil, Cuenca Land Area: 106,889 mi2 (includes Galapagos Islands) Population: 15,65411 (July 2014 est.) Location: Ecuador is located on the Northwest area of South America. It borders Colombia to the North, the Pacific Ocean to the East, and Peru to its West and South. It is located on the Equator and consists of four major regions: The Andes, the coast, the Amazon, and the Galapagos Islands. Climate: Tropical along the coast and Amazon region, and cooler climate in the highlands.
  3. 3. Social Languages: Spanish is the official language spoken by 93% of Ecuador’s population. Foreign languages and indigenous languages such as Quechua make up the remaining 7%. Religion: 95% Roman Catholic Shopping: Ecuador’s shopping ranges from small artisanal markets to large shopping malls with recognized International brands. Food: Ecuadorian dishes consist mainly of fresh seafood, exotic fruits, maize, bananas, beans, chicken and pork. Ecuador is home to many restaurant options where you can find all types of International cuisine. Some of the country’s traditional dishes are: llapingacho, a potato like tortilla filled with cheese; ceviche, a cold seafood dish; seco de pollo, a chicken and rice dish. Entertainment: Ecuador has many touristic places to visit. Due to its small territory weekend trips to the beach or mountains are very common. The main cities have beautiful large parks, great museums, and shows.
  4. 4. Transportation & Communication Airports: Ecuador has many small airports all over the country. The major International Airports are Mariscal de Sucre in Quito, and Simon Bolivar in Guayaquil. Public Transportation: Buses and tramways are available in Quito and Guayaquil. However, taxi prices are extremely convenient. Internet: High-speed internet and wifi available Telephone: Fixed lines and mobile connections Television and Radio: Ecuador has multiple privately owned TV Networks. Different cable providers provide access to International channels, and online streaming services are also available
  5. 5. Political Government: Republic Branches: Executive, legislative, and judicial Chief of State: President Rafael Correa
  6. 6. Economic Currency: US Dollar Major Industries: Oil, bananas, shrimp, coffee, metal work, wood products, chemicals, textiles

×