Concepts that will never die:
Your Reputation Matters
Not all titles are equal.
You Can’t Fake Authority
Note: these are the only two people in
the industry I could find with cartoon
versions of themselves
Authorship Can Happen Without
• Author Bylines
• Author Profile Pages / Sections
• Entity Based Search (e.g. Hummingbird)
• Knowledge Graph
• Link Graphs
In Depth Articles
• Google’s attempt to provide “High quality content”
• How Do I get featured?
• Use Schema.org/Article markup
• Headline, alternativeHeadline, image, description, datePublished, articleBody
• Properly Implement Pagination & Canonicalization
• Link Google+ to your website (why wouldn’t you?)
• Have a logo – use schema.org/Organization
Authorship: The First Step Toward
Authorship Focus: Move beyond what is said and focus on who’s saying it.
Authors are Entities. There are lots of other entities (Schema.org)
Are you using any of these?
Google’s goal is to not just match the
query, but to understand the query.
Use Semantic markup and Schemas
to help them do this and you’ll be