INTRODUCTION When you are looking for a real estate agent tosell your home, you need to treat each agent a jobapplicant. As a seller, you are paying the agent you hire apercentage of the sales price of your property todo their job, and screening each professional iskey.
INTRODUCTION With so many different agents to choose from, theonly way you will know you hired the rightperson for the job is to check references andresearch the professionals reputation. Here are the qualities the agent you hire musthave.
1. THEY MUST BE PERSONABLE When you call an agent, they should be friendlyand ready to help. You are going to be in contact with your agent ona regular basis and you need to hire someone youcan tolerate speaking to. Believe it or not, not allagents are friendly and personable. Make sure you can build a rapport with theprospective agent before you proceed.
2. THEIR LICENSE MUST BE INGOOD STANDING All agents must be licensed to sell property inyour state. You can easily check the status of anyagents license online. When you are verifying the agents real estatelicense, make sure to search their name on asearch engine to see what other people have tosay about the agent as a professional. If the agent has poor reviews, you may want tocross them off the list.
3. THEY MUST USE MODERNMARKETING TACTICS Gone are the days where a real estate agent cansimply place a "For Sale" sign in the front yard ofa property and wait for buyers to call. With Internet marketing becoming increasinglypopular to market homes for sale, you need toknow that the agent you hire will be usingseveral different online platforms to promoteyour listing.
3. THEY MUST USE MODERNMARKETING TACTICS Search for the agents website, look at their otherlistings, and make sure that your property will befound. If you cannot find the agent on the web, chancesare buyers will not find your listing on the webeither.
4. THEY MUST KNOW THE LOCALMARKET TRENDS Selling a home is all about pricing the propertyright. To price a property right, the agent mustknow the local market trends and sales activityin your area. The trends in one market can vary considerablyto another market located just 10 to 20 milesaway. Make sure the agent you hire sells homes in yourarea on a regular basis and is familiar with thearea.
5. THEY MUST BE AN EXPERTCOMMUNICATOR There is nothing worse than hiring someone youcannot get in touch with. Make sure the agent you hire will return yourcalls and your emails. You want someone who will update you,communicate in a professional manner, and putyou first.
6. THEY MUST HAVE INTEGRITY The agent must be putting your interests as aseller before their interests as a commissionedprofessional. Make sure the agent you hire is representing youand not themselves.
CONCLUSION By considering these qualities, you can skimthrough agents representing homes for sale andchoose the best person for the job. Choose an agent who will tell you the truth,update you, and represent you, and you willmake the process of selling your home mucheasier.