How to make extra armour for a Warhammer 40000 Rhino
How to make Extra Armour
for a Warhammer 40000
• Permenant marker
• Template file (downloaded from site)
WARNING: Use a sharp scalpel and
always cut on a cutting board or
Marking out the template:
• The template PDF prints to scale on a normal A4 sized page.
• Place the template on the plasticard
and cut out the shapes. Over cutting the
guidelines, and then trim them back makes
the fit easier.
• Some of the front armour plates are a
little thin, so cut out carefully to
Preparing the Rhino:
• The Rhino APC comes with all sorts of
bumps and doodads attached to said bumps.
• The mountings for the headlights need to be
removed to fit the armour.
• It is pretty straight forward work with
a scalpel and file.
Fitting the armour:
• Perform a test fit to make sure it sits properly on the Rhino.
• If the armour does not fit snugly, cut or file away some of the inside until
it fits snugly over the chassis of the Rhino
• Fit and glue down the armour once
it fits properly
• The spaced armour from Forgeworld is
another option. However, plasticard is
cheaper and more accessible option
and a lot more fun to play with!
For this and other awesome Wargaming
tutorials, reviews and guides
Check out http://www.spruegrey.com