Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.
Empowering our
Engineering Colleges
Abhi
Entrepreneur & Engineer
abhiinbsg@gmail.com
Why should we care about
Engineering?
All-round GDP contributor in last 50 years
3500+
Colleges

5L+
Students/year
2013 – ...
Engineering is BLEEDING
Colleges shutting down | Admission Low
Engg Growth
43% to 3%

2L+
Seats vacant
2013 – courtesy
htt...
Problems
that’s
killing
Engineering
Colleges
1. Admissions
2. Placements
3. Poor
Skills & Process
4. Ineffective
Communication
5. Measuring
Performance
Guidelines have been
laid
Solutions
to SAVE
Engineering
Colleges
Feedback Mechanism &
Actionable Metrics
Student & Faculty
Feedback
Actionable metrics for
Colleges

Placement /
Achievemen...
New Gen Communication
Tools
SMS | Notifications

Private Groups /
Messages

Discussion Forums
Online Study Material &
MOCC
Digitize College
Material

Leverage
MOCC platforms
e.g. Coursera, Udemy

Create Content: Facu...
Online Placement &
Opportunity Management
Dynamic Student/Faculty
Profiles

Straight Through
Process

Easy short listing p...
st
21

Counseling for
Century
Learner
Inform | Educate
Provide choices

Online College
Branch Predictor

Understand needs ...
Problem is being tackled at
IIT’s, REC’s & few others
> 2% of total Engineering colleges
What about remaining 98% ??
Empowerment =
Dynamicity + Technology + Process
Operational Efficiency
Aware & Agile Student

Transparency &
Collaboration...
Life is not a solo act. Its a huge
collaboration, and we all need to
assemble around us the people
who care about us and s...
Engineering Community
needs that ExtraAEdge
&
its looking at all of us for
HELP
WHAT WILL WE DO ?
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

Empowering our Engineering colleges

652 views

Published on

At IGNITE 2013 - an International Geek Conference held in Pune, I got an opportunity to speak about how we can "Empower our Engineering Colleges".

Published in: Education
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

Empowering our Engineering colleges

  1. 1. Empowering our Engineering Colleges Abhi Entrepreneur & Engineer abhiinbsg@gmail.com
  2. 2. Why should we care about Engineering? All-round GDP contributor in last 50 years 3500+ Colleges 5L+ Students/year 2013 – courtesy http://www.dreducation.com
  3. 3. Engineering is BLEEDING Colleges shutting down | Admission Low Engg Growth 43% to 3% 2L+ Seats vacant 2013 – courtesy http://www.dreducation.com
  4. 4. Problems that’s killing Engineering Colleges
  5. 5. 1. Admissions
  6. 6. 2. Placements
  7. 7. 3. Poor Skills & Process
  8. 8. 4. Ineffective Communication
  9. 9. 5. Measuring Performance
  10. 10. Guidelines have been laid
  11. 11. Solutions to SAVE Engineering Colleges
  12. 12. Feedback Mechanism & Actionable Metrics Student & Faculty Feedback Actionable metrics for Colleges Placement / Achievement Reports
  13. 13. New Gen Communication Tools SMS | Notifications Private Groups / Messages Discussion Forums
  14. 14. Online Study Material & MOCC Digitize College Material Leverage MOCC platforms e.g. Coursera, Udemy Create Content: Faculty + Students e.g. Moodle, Zoomstra
  15. 15. Online Placement & Opportunity Management Dynamic Student/Faculty Profiles Straight Through Process Easy short listing powered with Communication tools
  16. 16. st 21 Counseling for Century Learner Inform | Educate Provide choices Online College Branch Predictor Understand needs & empathize
  17. 17. Problem is being tackled at IIT’s, REC’s & few others > 2% of total Engineering colleges What about remaining 98% ??
  18. 18. Empowerment = Dynamicity + Technology + Process Operational Efficiency Aware & Agile Student Transparency & Collaboration Richer pool of 21st century professionals
  19. 19. Life is not a solo act. Its a huge collaboration, and we all need to assemble around us the people who care about us and support us in times of strife. Tim Gunn
  20. 20. Engineering Community needs that ExtraAEdge & its looking at all of us for HELP WHAT WILL WE DO ?

×