About CII Tourism Fest
Tourism & Hospitality, like any other dynamic sector has metamorphosed over
time. Growing competition has compelled stakeholders to bring about innovation
in this sector at regular intervals. Concepts like Rural, Adventure Retail Weekend
& Medical Tourism have developed to attract the new generation of tourists who
are upwardly mobile and have high disposable income.
It has hence become utterly important to prepare oneself to meet these
challenges and to maintain the competitive edge for sustainable growth in this
sector. The creative forces of the market are essential in a demand-driven sector.
Consumer expectations have to guide the design, the development and the
commercialization of tourism products. This means that tourism policies must be
customer and market-oriented. Innovation and creation of innovation mechanism
are necessary for the continuous rejuvenating of the existing offer and for
endogenous growth. In the recent years Indian tourism & hospitality sector has
witnessed the entry of several foreign & domestic private players and large
private investments flowed into the sector to add fresh capacities.
CII Northern Region is organizing CII Tourism Fest - An International Fest on
Tourism and Hospitality from 5 - 7 December 2013.
1. Developing bilateral relationship between the domestic stakeholders and the foreign counterparts.
2. Attract investments in the tourism and hospitality sector.
3. Focused sessions by State Government highlighting initiatives.
4. Investment policies to be discussed announced by the participating States.
5. Investors to be given an opportunity to raise their concerns with Tourism Minister/Secretaries of the
6. To make Tourism fest as the biggest and most anticipated event of the region.
7. CII Tourism Fest-2013 would create an ideal platform for tourism and hospitality fraternity to explore
8. The unique event would immensely benefit the holidaying population of the region to reach out to the new
destinations of the World.
9. Exposure to the people of the region to engage them towards overall development of the Industry.
10. Promote Rural Tourism, Natural Tourism, Wedding Tourism, Agriculture & Organic Tourism.
CII International Food Festival
CII Golf Tourism Cup
Show Timings 0800 - 1300 hrs
Friday, 6 December
Duration Whole day
CII International Chef Meet
Show Timings 0800 - 1800 hrs
December 2013 1030
hrs – 1045 hrs
Duration Three days event is
going to be organized
with various kinds of
CII International Dance Festival
Show Timings 1930 - 2100 hrs
Date 5 & 6 December, 2013
Venue Leisure Valley, Chandigarh
Who Can Participate
1. Air Charter Companies
2. Airlines (Domestic & International)
3. Airport Authorities
4. Amusement & Theme Parks
5. Car Rental Companies
6. Convention Centers
7. Cruise Liners
8. Educational Institutes
9. Forex Companies
10. Golf Courses
11. Hotels & Resorts
12. IT Companies
13. National / International Tourism Organizations
14. State Tourism Departments
15. Spas & Wellness Centers
16. Tour Operators
17. Travel Agents
18. Travel & Tourism related Products & Accessories
19. Travel & Tourism related Publications, Web Portals & Other Services
Who Can Visit
1. Domestic Travel Agents & Tour Operators.
2. Central & State Government Tourism Officials.
3. Trade delegations from Associations like : IATA, PATA, ADTOI, ATTOI, TAAI, ETAA ,
IATO, UNWTO, FHRAI, HRANI.
4. City Transport Providers.
5. Stalwarts of the hospitality and tourism Industry.
6. Industry experts in hospitality and tourism.
7. Delegation of Tour Operator and travel agents form Participating States.
8. International Business delegations through various tourism boards/Embassies.