Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

Recycle -final_ppt[1]


Published on

Published in: Technology, Business
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

Recycle -final_ppt[1]

  1. 2. <ul><li>Because plastics are not biodegradable, they accumulate over time in landfills. </li></ul><ul><li>In California, 1 billion of plastic bottles are trashed each year. </li></ul><ul><li>Only 16% of plastic bottles are recycled, leaving the 84% in landfills </li></ul><ul><li>About 11% of the contents of landfills are plastic </li></ul>
  2. 3. <ul><li>Two types of Greenhouse Effects </li></ul><ul><li>Naturally occurring </li></ul><ul><li>Man made </li></ul><ul><li>Global temperature has risen over 1.4 degrees since 1880 </li></ul>
  3. 4. <ul><li>When there are too many plastic in landfills, they are often destroyed in incineration factories. Consequently, it: </li></ul><ul><li>Contributes to Greenhouse Effect </li></ul><ul><li>Causes Lung Cancer </li></ul><ul><li>Contaminates Soil </li></ul>
  4. 5. <ul><li>A lot of plastic waste is also found in the ocean. This is caused by ship dumping wastes off the coast and dumping off the land. </li></ul><ul><li>The ratio between plastic and plankton is 6 to 1 who the fundamental source in the food chain. </li></ul><ul><li>Animals mistaken the plastic as food. </li></ul>
  5. 10. WHAT CAN YOU DO? <ul><li>Reduce- Limit the use of plastic materials </li></ul><ul><li>Reuse- Try to find ways to make plastic reusable </li></ul><ul><li>Recycle- Throw plastic materials into the recycling bin </li></ul>
  6. 11. REDUCE <ul><li>Buy things that are in bulk or economy sized. </li></ul><ul><li>Do not buy over packaged goods </li></ul><ul><li>No disposable goods </li></ul><ul><li>Buy durable products </li></ul>
  7. 12. REUSE <ul><li>Reuse products until it no longer functions. </li></ul><ul><li>Do not throw away old clothes and appliances </li></ul><ul><li>Use containers instead of plastic wrap </li></ul>
  8. 13. RECYCLE <ul><li>Buy recycled products </li></ul><ul><li>Check collection centers </li></ul><ul><li>Recycle Plastic Bottles (CRV) </li></ul>
  9. 15. Bibliography <ul><li>Briney, Amanda. “Trash Islands”. Accessed July 11, 2011. l </li></ul><ul><li>Environmental Protection Agency. “Reduce, Reuse, Recycle”. Accessed July 12, 2011. </li></ul><ul><li>Marine Research Foundation. “Research North Pacific Gyre Plankton Sample Analysis ‘07-08’”. Accessed July 12, 2011 </li></ul><ul><li>Missouri Department of Natural Resources. “ The Three R’s: Reduce, Reduce, Recycle”. Accessed July 12, 2011. </li></ul><ul><li>Moore, Shelly. “What are the Dangers of Burning Plastic Bottles”. Accessed July 10,2011. </li></ul><ul><li>Project Greenbag. “How does Plastic get into the Ocean? Accessed July 12, 2011. </li></ul><ul><li>Weather Street. “What is Greenhouse Effect?. Accessed July 9, 2011. l </li></ul><ul><li>Wilson, Ed. “Plastic Water bottles Not being Recycled”. Accessed July 10, 2011. </li></ul>
  10. 16. Photo Sources <ul><li>Landfill: </li></ul><ul><li>Greenhouse Effect: </li></ul><ul><li>Incineration factory: </li></ul><ul><li>Heron caught in plastic ring </li></ul><ul><li>Plastic attached to turtle: </li></ul><ul><li>Bird Trapped by Bag: </li></ul><ul><li>Turtle Caught in Plastic: </li></ul><ul><li>Turtle Caught in Net: </li></ul><ul><li>Garbage Patch: </li></ul>
  11. 17. <ul><li>Reduce Reuse Recycle: </li></ul><ul><li>Reduce: </li></ul><ul><li>Reuse: </li></ul><ul><li>Recycle: </li></ul><ul><li>Earth and recycle logo: </li></ul><ul><li>Other photos: </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul>