When you are managing a busy project, the last thing you want is to waste time. Primavera P6 is fantastic for helping you plan and manage important projects – but sometimes we all need a little helping hand.
To help you save time, we’ve put together some Top Tips forPrimavera P6.
1. Drag To Save TimeWant to copy an object from one hierarchy to another? In PrimaveraP6 you can drag and drop between hierarchies to save a lot of time.Hover over the left band until the cursor has a white square. Nowclick and drag to between activities, projects, resources and more.
2. Finding ProjectsWant to find one specific project or EPS node in your Primavera P6 EPSstructure? Instead of scrolling through to find it use Ctrl F and type inyour project number to quickly jump to it.
3. Use Your HeadWhen adding headers and footers to your documents, Primaveraautomatically adds a double-space when you press ‘Enter’. This canresult in a lot of lost space. To add a single space instead, holddown the Shift key when pressing enter. This can minimise theamount of space you need and your reports will look moreprofessional.
4. Forward PlanningWant to plan a couple of years ahead? There’s no need to clickthrough all the months to advance through the years. Click on theMonth-Year header at the top of any calendar dialog box and youcan advance by year. To switch back to normal view, click theMonth-Year header again.
5. Quick CopyDo you want to repeat data onto multiple rows? Select the cell tocopy, hold the shift key down and click on the last cell to copy to andthen use Ctrl E to duplicate. The data you first chose will now becopied down to all the other cells.
Find out more about online courses and tips.Including Primavera P6 and Management Leadership Courses with Thales Training and Consultancy