* Involves sexual contact with a considerably older or a
quasi-relative who plays a guardian role in the child’s life.
* incest involves sexual contact between individuals who
are close in age. Sexual curiosity, observation, and
exploration between age-mates, is normal in humans.
• Research suggests that same-sex incest, whether it
involves males or females (although same-sex incest
seems to involve boys more than girls), is vastly under-
reported and under-investigated because its
occurrence involves breaking two taboos incest and
* Applied to situations wherein a victim is abused by
more than one perpetrator either concurrently or
sequentially, as well as to situations in which a
perpetrator abuses more than one victim.
• Causing incestuous tendencies is a MALFUNCTIONING
• Results to sex in public, promiscuity, stranger rape, or child
sexual abuse in the family.
WHY DO MEN HAVE SEX WITH THEIR
He gets an enormous kick out of the experience
This brings him immense joy and pride.
He is fond of the lesson he is teaching her, and he is
pleased by the somatic and sexual qualities of his
EFFECTS OF INCEST ON THE VICTIM
1. general behavior problems
4. regressive behaviors
6. withdrawal from normal activities
7. internalizing and externalizing disorders
8. cruelty and self-injury
9. post-traumatic stress disorder1
0. poor self-esteem, and
11. age-inappropriate sexual behavior.
2 COMMON PATTERNS OF
1. Post Traumatic Stress symptomology
-is brought on by
witnessing a terrifying,
event. Severe anxiety,
thoughts and nightmares
are common symptoms of
LONG-TERM PSYCHOLOGICAL EFFECT OF INCEST
• Anxiety & Depression
• learning difficulties
• Post traumatic stress hospitalization disorder
• Drug and alcohol use
• Suicidal tendency
• Poor parenting
• Borderline personality
• Increased likelihood of disorder being a perpetrator
EFFECTS OF INCEST ON THE CHILD BORN
Elevated incidence of recessive genetic diseases:
• 1. Reduced fertility
• 2. Increased congenital defects
• 3. Fluctuating asymmetry
• 4. Lower birth weight
• 5. Higher neonatal mortality
• 6. Slower growth rate
• 7. Smaller adult size
• 8. Loss of immune system function
Laws regarding incest vary, from legal to
prohibited, in different countries. Incest is illegal
in many jurisdictions. It varies by country, and
by even individual states or provinces within a
LIST OF SOME COUNTRIES WHERE
• Human Policies
• Religious point of view
• Human Policies
• Individual point of view
• Islam gives certain
IS INCEST A CRIME?
There are laws in each country which varies judgment regarding
It is the country or state’s discretion if such is to be considered as
INCEST IS NOT A CRIME.
As long as…
Individuals are over the minimum age of consent.
There is no use of force.
Country or States’ law does not prohibit such incident.