• Many cities across the US have developed rain barrel
programs where they are either selling rain barrels at
cost or hosting rain barrel making workshops. While this
is great, I believe effort and education needs to go into
showing citizens the true potential of rainwater
harvesting and other options. Typically cities stop here.
• But with rain barrels, this typically happens… (next slide)
System Design Considerations
ARCSA/ASPE/ANSI 63-2013: Rainwater Catchment Systems
Rainwater Harvesting System Installer License Legislation
HB 173 sponsored by Rep. Eddie Lucio III
Texas Population Growth
• Texas’ population is expected to increase more than 70
percent between 2020 and 2070, from 29.5 million to
• Over half of all the statewide population growth
between 2020 and 2070 is expected to occur within
Regions C and H.
• Water demand is projected to increase by 17 percent,
from 18.4 million acre-feet per year in 2020 to 21.6
million acre-feet per year in 2070.
• Share of recommended water management
strategies by strategy type in 2070
• Do this and everyone will fall in love with