Keynote from Australasian Enterprise Architecture Conference, Sydney, 19 October 2015
What is it that makes an enterprise into an enterprise? The answer is a story…
Most current approaches to enterprise-architecture start from technology – which works well enough if you are only working on the technology itself. But as enterprise-architecture expands outward into the business, or we need to work on ‘digital transformation’ where people and their needs necessarily come to the fore, a technology centred approach starts to show its limitations.
This lively session introduces a complementary, more people-oriented approach to enterprise-architecture, built around a concept of ‘the enterprise as story’. We’ll explore:
• what story is, in the context for enterprise-architecture
• how story acts as a unifying theme for the architecture
• how to identify and develop the enterprise-story
• how story underlies enterprise values and principles
• how story provides guidance and governance for information-architecture, technology-architecture, digital-transformation and service-design
After this session, you’ll see your architecture with new eyes – open to new possibilities and new ways to engage with all of your stakeholders in the broader business. Share and Enjoy!