Ideas for using Search Cube
• Search Cube shows image, video and websites in the results
so you could get students to focus on one type and look for
those results - as in, check the image results first. They
would then have to move the cube to find the images.
• Students could compare how many images and videos were
presented compared to text based web sites. To find out
what the result is before clicking on it, you just hover over it
and a description will show up beside the cube as to what it
is and where it is from.
• Because of the ability to see a description of the website,
students can see whether or not their search term is giving
them the sorts of results they are after, and they could then
discuss how they could change their search terms to get
Ideas for using Spezify
• Students could be given the task to create a
favourites page for a particular topic or project
they are working on and then explain to the
teacher or their group why they have selected
the sites they did
• Students could make sure they give their online
work (images, blog posts, etc) a very specific tag,
then search that tag and see how their work
displays, and even take a screenshot of it for their
blogs or portfolios.
Ideas for using Soda Snap
• Students could take photos of their classroom or their
work and send it to the teacher with some comments -
or even email it to a student in a partner class.
• The descriptions or comments that students write for
the images could be in any language - there may be a
specific topic happening in the class and so students
need to tailor their images and descriptions to that.
• Students could use these images to add to a reflective
learning task - they could show their work at different
stages with different comments.
• Soda Snap could be used to create a visual diary of a
trip or just of daily life.
Ideas for using PhotoSynth
• Students could ‘synth’ their classroom and give a
partner class a 3D tour
• You could synth student work that is stuck to the
walls to make a 3D online gallery for the world
• Students could synth any place and then have to
describe it or use it as a writing prompt
• Students could synth a single object and share it
with a partner class by embedding it into a wiki
Ideas for using Woices
• Students could create a guided tour of any place
in the world in whatever language they are
• Students could create an interactive excursion
experience for another class or school – students
in Japan could create a tour or excursion of their
town for kids in Melbourne to experience
• Students could create a treasure hunt with clues
for other students at their school.
Ideas for using Cloud Canvas
• Images are exported to Google Docs so could
be created and then used for collaborative
• Students could create an interactive activity
for classmates – hiding answers etc
Ideas for using Dvolver
• Students could create a movie instead of
doing a class talk.
• Students could interview each other through
• Students could create a movie to introduce a
concept to others