• Monsters, animals, humans, The Demi-Gods, The Arch Seraphim.
Characters emotions, complexes, weaknesses, lost memory, kidnapping,
murder, conspiracies, corruption. Philosophy, FATE, SELF WILL!
• The 7 demigods (Judeaux the Necromancer, Arashi the Tempest, Asahina
the Nefarious, Enyu the Siren, Kei the Obsidian, Kaoru the Poison, and
Ginta the Demented) will be a major part in the challenges of the game.
Also 2 city bosses and 4 arch seraphim.
• You will have to infiltrate Empyrean, and use stealth tactics, to get past the
• Each level will have a sort of puzzle to uncover and dismiss. Ex: the Earth
level will have a labyrinth forest that the player must figure out the
pattern to finding the end.
• Battle strategies will be essential to the real time battle system. The player
must be able to attack, block, maneuver through battle and use items,
skills, spells, and special attacks as each situation demands.
• When infiltrating Empyrean, you must use stealth tactics in order to make
your way through the first level unnoticed. If you are noticed, a battle
• Each level will come with a puzzle or challenge of getting through it. The
player must determine patterns, keys, strategies to putting the pieces
together and completing the level.
• XBox 360, and PS3, mainly because they play
amazing graphics, and because they are pretty
popular today, while the Xbox, Gamecube,
and PS2 are out-dating.
• T for teen, for blood and violence, mild
language, alcohol reference, and gore.
Structure• Chain of Fate will feature a more open world type
rather than structured levels, but will have major
places involving main challenges, that are progressively
challenging. There will be about 14 “levels” in Chain of
Fate. Nine levels will be elemental including: Water,
Earth, Ice, Thunder, Darkness, Light, and 3 Fire. Starting
with water as the weakest, and ranking up to fire as the
most powerful, with 3 levels as fire elemental. There
will also be a level involving governmental figures in
between the Ice and Thunder levels, and a level
involving the church figures before the Fire level. The
fire levels are the last levels and take place in
Empyrean, where the Arch Seraphim dwell.
Design• I want the environments to be very fantastical, breathtaking, and
otherworldly. The cities will have a sort of Gothic/Royal appeal, and will
have amazing cathedrals.
Design• Players will be able to kick, jump, block,
attack, use magic or skills, or use special
moves. The right 4 buttons on each
controller will be used to battle, while
the analog sticks will be to move, and
adjust the camera angles. The select
button or back button will open the
menu, and the player can equip, check
stats, use items, etc. On screen, you will
be able to see and control your
character, and a map will be in the right
hand corner with a position cursor of
• I want the NPC's to be able to respond to the
situations that are taking place in the game,
and actually be relevant and help out the
player characters. And for enemies, I want
them to be increasingly powerful throughout
the game and be challenging to the player
character as well.
• I want good voice actors to match the
personality of each character, and how I
described their speech. I also want realistic
sound effects, like clashing swords, battle
cries, blood squirting out, etc. The music in
the game is a vital point for me; the music will
be symphonic and instrumental, and go along
to each situation, and theme.
Market• The target market will be between age 13-45.
It will be both male and female, in the USA,
Asia, and Canada. They will be interested in
good storylines, graphics, and a lengthy game.
Analysis• Final Fantasy XIII: Good storyline, AMAZING graphics, good length.
• Bad battle system.
• Magna Carta: Average storyline, good graphics, and a really cool battle
• Tales of Vesparia: Awesome storyline, ok graphics, and good battle system.
• Not the best graphics.
• Rpg fans look for good graphics, characters, storylines, and combat
systems. Most prefer real time rather than turn based. These three titles
are strong in some, but weak in other points as well. I want my game to be
complete in what an average rpg seeker is looking for!
Summary• Emotionally charged storyline
• Battle system and gameplay
• Use of Kinect/PS3 Move
• Breathtaking graphics, as realistic as possible!
• Emotionally connecting characters, and music!