J. Paredes 7/232/08
1. What do we want students to learn?
· Unpack grade level standards so that all team mem-
bers have a common understanding of the standards.
· Use the standards as the focus for cognitive planning.
· Adhere to pacing guides to ensure that all students
have access to all standards.
2. How will we know if students are learning?
· Establish long and short term SMART GOALS.
· Determine common assessments w/ common pro-
· Design rigorous, daily lesson objectives.
· Analyze the attainment of daily objectives and the
results of common assessments.
3. How can we provide the best initial instruction?
· Think about what students already know.
· Consider how to prevent misunderstandings.
· Plan for enrichment, extension, or acceleration in
specific areas of mastery.
· Design assignments/tasks that utilize engagement
4. What do we do when they don t learn?
· Share what worked best practices.
· Use collective inquiry to identify and learn alter-
native research based methods of instruction.
· Identify students for strategic and intensive inter-
· Analyze the effectiveness of interventions.
GRADE LEVEL TEAMS/DEPARTMENT
The Work of Professional Learning Communities