5 or more close friends
A study from the University of Chicago's National Research Center
Find out which category your friends belong in
* These people are your friends
because you were in school and
happen to get along well together.
* You have a lot of common
memories and stories from the
past to share.
* When you met them you usually
talk about past or school related
stuff and discuss other classmates
* You will most likely have their
names in your cell phone because
you have called them once or
* It has been rightly said,
„Animals are such wonderful
creatures, as they ask no
* Humans and animals have
been known to have a
special bond with each
other since time
* The relation that we share
with animals is a very warm
and protective one.
* These people are usually the ones
we call good acquaintances.
* You were in school/university/work
with them. You often went partying
or shopping together.
* You know their likes and dislikes
and you happy to see them.
* You won‟t share with them your
problems or really personal stuff.
* If you were to run into them in the
streets, the conversations would
only last for a few minutes. You‟d
start with “HEY!!”, give a big grin,
then ask “what are you doing
here?!” and end with a “okay, see
* These are the people who
share the same interests
with you. You both listen
to the same kind of music,
like many similar stuff and
you think that it will be so
cool to be each other‟s
friends. And that‟s about
* These are the kind of
friends who easily drift
away from you once you
start to lose contact, or
one of you will give up
* Pen friendship is developed
when people write to each
other regularly through postal
mail or “snail mail”
* It was a popular means of
making friends in different
parts of the world before
internet came into seen.
* Mostly, pen friendship aims at
learning other cultures and
* Online friends are those people who
have known each other through the
* This is the most uncommon type of
friend, but they can also be the most
* You never met them or probably
won‟t, but this what allows you to pour
your feelings to them.
* You probably don‟t know their real
name and don‟t know how they look,
but can spent hours commenting their
statuses or posts.
* You probably won‟t be too
disappointed to lose them.
* You do not think much about them in
your off-line life. But they can raise up
your mood as soon as you are online
These are what you call your close friends.
They are the ones whom you would enjoy
having lunch or dinner one-on-one, enjoy
holding a conversation with, and enjoy
They usually belong to your tightly-knit
group of 3 to 4 (a more intimate clique).
You guys always have a great time at dinner
together, sharing laughs, memories and many
great camwhoring sessions.
It’s the case where, when you put everyone
together, you have an even better time.
The thing about this type of friend is that
they make it a point to keep in touch with
you because they actually do miss you, and
they really want to spend time with you and
know what’s up with your life, and share
with you theirs. Oh, and they will remember
your birthday and never fail to wish you.
* Also known as your closest friends in life.
* They will usually be your maid of honour
or best man during your wedding.
* You like to talk to each other on the
phone all the time.
* You always have a great time eating
dinner together with him/her alone on a
semi-regular basis and chatting one-onone for hours.
* you can easily spend the whole day with
each other everyday.
* You guys can really talk about anything
under the sun, and you totally understand
how each other feel.
* Being with this type of friends can be both
fun and emotionally fulfilling.
* They make you feel happy to be alive.