WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO
FOR AN HOUR & 15 MINUTES?
• The 9x9x25 Challenge - What Happened (Short PowerPoint)
• What Did The Other Schools Do? (data and narrative)
• What Did We Learn? (Todd pondering)
• Can This Work For You? (discussion/questions)
“As an adjunct, I haven't ever been asked to do committee work.
I don't see my co-workers on a regular basis (Facebook doesn't
count...), and it is many a week that I don't set foot on a Yavapai
College campus. The reality is, I tend to be relatively
disconnected from other instructors and from the institution as
a whole most of the time. Reading the reflections of my
colleagues has reminded me each week that we're all in this
together; that creating a better world through educating the
people in our community isn't just something I want to do, it's
something that we're all actively engaged in as a team!"
Yavapai College faculty Erin Whitesitt
"What I learned is that I have been missing out on thinking
about teaching, thinking about the art of teaching. The stuff I
learned in college to become a teacher. But the stuff I stopped
thinking about when I became a teacher."
Yavapai College faculty Charles Lohman
"Participating in the 9x9x25 blogging adventure has been a rich
experience. I have grown as a teacher, learner, and writer. For
example, when writing the first blog on new student
orientations, I finished and was pleased with the results. Then I
counted the sentences and realized I only had 15. So I had to
return and write more, which in and of itself caused me to dive
deeper and add more specific details, and isn't that what I keep
telling my students? By the end of this experience, I had to
count sentences to hold myself back."
Yavapai College faculty Tina Luffman
THREE OTHER SCHOOLS
• Northwestern Michigan College, Traverse City, Michigan
• Open Web, Wordpress Multi-Site ( teaching.nmc.edu )
• Central Piedmont Community College, Charlotte, North Carolina
• 8x8x16 19 out of 22 completed
• Foothill Community College, Los Altos Hills, California
• Under negotiation