Black and white is fineCleanNot a lot of textLet images tell the storyNo – or very few – whizzy transitions
Some nice templates on internet…. But not too great!
Make your own template: Edit the slide master – fonts, add logo, adjust the background (in this case, add a photo and increase the transparency setting). Do the 1st and 3rd, and from then on all the slides will follow the pattern.
Simple tips for great presentations
Simple tips for great
Learning Technologist & SCORE Learning Fellow
Institute of Learning Innovation
Community History Workshop, 16 June 2013
What will we talk about?
• What will you talk
• Templates & tips
• Others’ equipment
• Confidence Photo by Julia Manzerova on Flickr
What will you talk about?
• Audience expectation
• How long
• 1 slide, 1 minute
• Decide the main points
• Tell the audience
Photo by ImagineCup, Flickr
Photo by Matt Yohe on Wikimedia Commona
• Screengrab/ screenshot (Snipping Tool, Snagit)
• Fonts no less than 24 point
• To insert movie or sound:
– bring into the same folder as your Powerpoint file
– THEN insert movie or sound
– When finished, copy the whole folder to USB stick
to transport to another computer
• If videos or sound, copy entire folder to usb stick
• 2 usb sticks
• Save as 1997 Powerpoint (.ppt)
• Get there early and test it
• Sound may be a problem. Bring your own
speakers if you can.
• Ask for internet if you need it. Can substitute
• Bring your own laptop if you can. Make sure it’s