Intercultural communication indina course Tatiana Indina www.indina.ru
Dr. Tatiana A. IndinaPractical Workshops for Professionals Developing Business and Communications Across the Cultures
Synthesizing Business & Culture Effective communication across cultures is paramount.• In international business culture has major impact on international sales, marketing, recruitment, management and mergers.• Intercultural training is now increasingly being recognized as a critical element in succeeding on the global stage.• The impact of cultural values on business norms, practices and behavior is hard to overestimate.
1. Intercultural competence• Sometimes working, meeting, dealing, entertaining, negotiating and corresponding with people from different cultures can be a minefield.• Knowing another country’s language does not always guarantee understanding the people.• Improving cross-cultural competence and awareness is a first step to made when coming to the international arena.
2. Intercultural management• Todays manager increasingly has to work in international and cross cultural environments.• Managers are now required to deal with challenges of cross cultural differences.• Effective management in the modern environment Goal: To develop people necessitates cross cultural with strong managerial competency in order to get the best out of a multicultural team. experience and broad global mindset.
3.Global Leadership• The most ambitious goal of the future is to develop leaders who can effectively lead global operations in diverse economic and cultural environments;• What qualities and competences are necessary to succeed across the cultures?• Models of leadership developed in different countries and Goal: To develop leaders cultures around the globe will who will make a difference help to understand establish and impact in the World. global leadership.
4. Doing business with foreign partners Knowledge of: • International business and culture; • Cultural stereotypes and styles of doing business across the globe; • Country and culture specifics of business communication; • Mentality and behavior patterns of: – Europeans; – Americans; – Asians • Country specific protocol of business events and celebrations will help to establish and develop effective and reliable business relations with partners around the globe.
5. International Networking:How to build strong professional network across the globe?Establish international connections and partnership to empoweryour business.
6. International etiquette• Understanding other peoples languages, cultures, etiquettes and taboos is of great value to the business person• Whenever you host or make a visit, knowledge of international etiquette will become a cornerstone for your reputation.
7. International Negotiations • Investment in negotiation skills development is absolutely imperative for the successful strategy in any business. • Cross-cultural differences can often be a reason of misunderstanding and tension in international negotiations. • The training framework will provide up to date international experience in complex, multi-party, cross-cultural negotiations to improve mutual understanding in business dialogue.
8.International Business Writing • Business communication you generate on a weekly or daily basis: letters, proposals, emails, newsletters, blog articles, memos, etc. can destroy your business reputation and brand. • Although not as visible as public marketing messages, writing mistakes in your international business communication are just as toxic to your international image.• Key tools for international business • With your emails you often make your writing is your key to first self-presentation and impression a new market. on international partners.
How do you establish your businessreputation when entering a new country ornew market?Choose the right strategy of self presentation;Consider cultural differences;Use cross-cultural tips and techniques for : – Building, – Maintaining , – Recoveringa good business reputation in a foreign environment to become an ultimate leader.
10.Build a strong multicultural team Approaches: • Exploring the way in which culture impacts businesses, personnel and team building. • Agreeing on team goals and objectives. • Improving personal relationshipGoal: • Exploring ways in which• Facilitate multicultural team building differences can be resolved.• Foster mutual understanding and respect. • Establishing strategies for dealing• Provide solutions, guidelines and techniques to help the team building with future issues. process.
11. Creativity and emotional intelligence in businessInspiration.. Discovery.. Insight…
Contacts:Tatiana A. Indinawww.indina.ru007 (925) 517- firstname.lastname@example.org