Unit 4 Deliverable
Finding reliable resources…
• 7th Grade Challenge Math Class
• Topic: Solving one-step equations
• The learner will demonstrate their knowledge
of solving one step equations by practicing
problems with 80% accuracy.
• Given the opportunity to create a poster, the
learner will demonstrate their knowledge of
the steps of solving one step equations.
• The learner will reflect on their own
understanding of solving one step equations
by writing a 200 word reflection.
• This source is an online basket ball game.
Students must solve one step equations and then
get the opportunity to shoot a basket.
• This source has one main author. You can tell this
person created this website with many math
education resources. I believe it’s a reliable
source and the game is instructive and fun for
• This source is an interactive web applet that
allows students to solve one step equations using
a scale and algebra tiles.
• This source is reliable because under the “About”
tab you can learn about the teacher that created
this website for her students. So this is a good
example of teachers sharing resources.
• This website is a challenging math problem
involving equations. This source gives students
a real-world example of solving equations.
• This source was found under NCTM
Illuminations. This source is reliable because
NCTM promotes it for math education.
• This source is a video of a math teacher
explaining the concept of solving one step
• I know this is a reliable source because after
watching the video the presenter clearly
illustrates the math concept. The presenter is
also a math teacher.
• This website generates a math worksheet for solving
one step equations. You can choose how many
problems and some types of problems. Then once you
have solved you can have it check your work.
• This site is also created by a teacher. At the bottom of
the page you can see a teacher’s name. They also have
it copyrighted for 2013. So you know this site has been
updated and used frequently by teachers and students.
This makes the site a more credible source.
How I would use these sources…
• Resource #1 & #2 are interactive games. I would use these
for extensions or even to introduce the lesson to grab
• Resource #3 I would use as an explore activity. After
student’s have mastered the concept I would have a class
period where they explore real world situations in math.
• Resource #4 I would use if a student was absent and
needed more help figuring out the concept. I would also
use the video for student’s to use if they go stuck on their
homework and needed more help.
• Resource #5 I would use this source to create worksheets
for homework. Or I would suggest it to students who want
more practice before a test or quiz.