UX Analytics for Data-
● Turn your data into real products
● Discover user interests in real-time way
Trieu Nguyen - http://blog.trieu.xyz or @tantrieuf31
Lead Engineer at Ad Platform ( http://adsplay.vn ) at FPT Telecom
If you like Big Data Analytic Intern Jobs,
submit your CV to me: trieunt@fpt.
More at http://engineering.adsplay.net
Just little introduction
● 2007 I did my first Graph Analytics on Yahoo 360 friend'
blogs (use Web Crawler)
● 2008 Java Developer, develop Social Trading Network for a
● 2011 joined FPT Online, engineer at social network
platform, develop first API for VnExpress Mobile App
● 2012 Join Greengar Studios to learn more about mobile
● 2013 at FPT Online, back-end engineer for http://eClick.vn
● 2015 at FPT Telecom, lead engineer for http://itvad.vn
Contents for this talk
● Trends of Now and the Future
● Why analytics for mobile development
● Core KPIs
● How to implement, case study and demo
● Questions & Answers
Trends of Now and the Future
● Big Data
In 2013, mobile devices will pass PCs to be most
common Web access tools.
By 2015, over 80% of handsets in mature markets will
be smart phones.
We are in the age of Internet of
Things with connected handheld
Case Study (from my freelance project)
● Build the app to promote advertising
information in real time way
● Measure everything
● Report useful information
● Mashup and data integration with Facebook
API for social data analytics
● PhongCachMobile - Smartphone Retail Store
● App <=> PHP API <=> JVM Data Analytics API
● User tap on an item, tracking it.
● User shares/likes an item with Facebook ID,
tracking these events, crawling data using
Graph API for Statistics.
What I have learned
● Keep it as simple as possible, but no simpler !
● Choose right KPI, right questions => Profit
● Design an architecture for your data products
● Implement it! Just right tools for right jobs.
● Turn your data into the things everyone can
"look & feel"