Real-time Big Data at FPT (for TechCamp University)
Real-time Big Data at FPT
and some key ideas to build
real-time big data platform
from open source tools
○ Apache Spark
○ Reactive Function X (RFX)
Presented by @tantrieuf31
about me ?
● Full Stack Engineer and Tech Lead at AdsPlay,
startup project from FPT Telecom
● Founder at RFXLab.com, building RFX
framework and Fast Data Intelligence Platform
for Data-driven Organization
● Tech Blogger at http://engineering.adsplay.net
1. Just 5 minutes about the history of “Big Data”
2. Does Big Data solve big problems ?
3. Overview about Open Source Tools
a. Netty (Event Collector)
b. Kafka (Event Queue)
c. RFX-Stream (Event Processor)
d. Apache Spark (Big Data processing engine)
e. RFX-Iris (Fast Data Query Interface)
User Story in plain English
1. Hercules is thinking about some questions. E.
g: What’s hot songs of Nhacso on Facebook ?
2. He decides to ask Iris about this question.
3. Iris analyzes the question into “query
messages” and deliver them to Zeus.
4. Zeus uses his power of “large-scale data
processing” to answer the question.
5. Done, Zeus return the result “hot songs on
Facebook” for Iris.
6. She sends the result to Hercules
Visualizing our user story
Question about Big Data:
What’s hot songs of NhacSo.net on