Today we’ll talk about life and works of the
Ukrainian poet T.G. Shevchenko, you’ll
hear some poems written by T.G.
Shevchenko and another useful
information. I hope that after this lesson
you can tell your friends from another
countries about the great Ukrainian poet
and be proud of our talented people.
Answer the questions:
1. Where do the books live at school?
2. Do you like to go to the library?
3. What genres of books are there in our
4. What kind of books for studying can you
find in the library?
5. What kind of books do you prefer to read?
6. Do you like to read books by the
7. Who is the most well-known Ukrainian
poet all over the world?
A brilliant Ukrainian
poet and artist Taras
Shevchenko was born
on March 9,1814 in
the village of
His parents were
serfs and lived in
bitter porerty; both
died before Taras
was 11 years old.
1)When was T.G. Shevchenko born?
а)May 9,1814; b) March 9,1814; c) March 10, 1841;
2)How old was T. Shevchenko when he became
а)10; b) 8; c) 11;
3)Who helped T. Shevchenko buy his freedom from P.
а)K.Bryulow; b) P. Engelhardt; c) V.V.Shyriayev;
4)T.G. Shevchenko studied at… .
а)Industrial Institute; b) St.Petersburg Academy of
Arts; c) musical school;
5)Which poem of T.G. Shevchenko was translated into
English by your classmates?
а)«І виріс я на чужині»;
c)«Думи мої, думи мої».
1)b; 2)c; 3)a; 4)b; 5)c.