Let’s decide together!
Think about it:
Why do we need rules
in the classroom?
What happens when you make a poor
• Consequences follow!
• First time – warning
• Second time – seat away
• Third time – parents
notified by you, miss a
Coming to Attention
• I will ring my bell to get your attention, or flick
the lights on and off.
Before School Starts
• Line up at cafeteria doors if
you are having breakfast.
• When done eating, play on the
• When the bell rings, line up by
the north doors next to the
ramp (two lines).
• Stand quietly in line.
• Wait for Mrs. Marsden to
come get you. Please smile and
Beginning the Day
• Enter the room politely.
• Take materials out of your backpack.
• Put backpack and coats on the coatrack.
• Place your homework on the corner of your desk.
• Get started on bellwork. When bellwork is
complete read silently.
Entering the Room
• Enter the room quietly and
• Do not interrupt other students.
• Begin work or…
• Wait for instructions from the
• Stand up quietly and push in your chair.
• Take all necessary materials.
• Teacher will excuse the quietest table
• Line up without talking or touching
• Face forward and watch where you are
Using the Restroom
• You are expected to use the restroom before school, before
recess, and before lunch.
• You will be given ten tickets at the beginning of each term.
• If I am not teaching the whole class, quietly walk over to me with
your bathroom ticket.
• Only one girl and one boy may use the restroom at a time.
• Take the hall pass with you. You have two minutes to use the
• Unused tickets are collected at the end of the grading period for
Getting a Drink
• When I am not teaching the class, you may get a drink from
the drinking fountain.
• There should only be one person at the fountain at a time.
• Do not talk.
• Wipe away any water that you spill.
Getting a Tissue
• You may get a tissue whenever you need one.
• Throw away used tissues immediately.
• Make sure it lands in the trash can.
• Get right back to work.
Throwing Away Trash
• When I am not teaching the whole
class, you may throw away trash
• Do NOT play basketball with your
• Make sure all the trash lands in the
trash can, even if it isn’t yours.
Sharpening Your Pencil
• You may NOT sharpen your pencil during the
• If your pencil breaks, walk quietly to the pencil
• Place your broken pencil in the appropriate
• Take a newly sharpened pencil from the basket.
• Each day I will choose one girl and one boy to be my V.I.P.s. These
students are my special helpers throughout the day. Their
• Passing out papers
• Acting as line leaders
• Sharpening pencils at the end of the day
• Other tasks as needed.
• Each student is assigned a table number.
• Each day a letter will be posted on the board.
The student who is assigned the number is the
table leader for the day. He or she is
• Collecting or turning in assignments
• Gathering and putting materials away for the
• Acting as spokesperson for the group
Cooperative Table Groups
• We will be working together to achieve our
learning goals. Mrs. Marsden will award
table points for groups that:
• Work as a team with every member contributing.
• Follow directions the first time.
• Work quietly during independent work time.
• Are neat and tidy.
• Show respect and kindness.
Ending the Day
• Take out your planner, and write the night’s
homework in it.
• When your table group is called, you may gather
your backpack. Check your mail every night.
• Clear off your desk.
• Pick up any trash around your desk (even if it is
• Stand quietly behind your desk when you are
ready to be dismissed.
Using the Class Library
• During your silent reading time, you may
take a book from the class library.
• There should be no more than three
people at the bookshelves.
• Take only ONE book at a time.
• Please take care of the book. Keep it in
• When you have finished the book return
it to the shelf.
Headings on Papers
• Make sure you write your name on all worksheets.
• Any assignments completed on a sheet of lined paper
needs a heading.
• On the top right hand of your paper, write your first and
last name (in cursive).
• Under your name, write the day’s date.
• Points may be deducted from papers with no names or
Passing in Papers
• When I collect papers, each table will
hand their work to the day’s table
• The table leader will quietly place the
work in the appropriate basket.