Always ask yourself:
What will keep my
Find the Emotional Connection
Build Mass Participation
a shared interest
that ties back to
Focus your Content
Focus on key
it’s not a library of
Rethink Digital Marketing
Components of a Demand
Measuring the Campaign
Corporate websites Digital Campaigns
Structured content hierarchy /navigation.
Story, theme and experience.
Educational and reference.
Compel and convert. Drive next action.
Aligns to product portfolio
Industry leading hot topics
Natural Search (SEO), direct access.
Optimized to nurture.
Paid media, campaign, sponsored links.
Optimized to convert.
Surprise, delight and intrigue.
Desired Outcome: Desired Outcome:
Components of a Demand Gen Campaign
Already aware: To
about the company
and its offering, to
qualify legitimacy or
finalize a sale.
To explore new
• What to do first
• How to scale
• How to leverage technology to get the lowest CPL
• Educate our extended teams and analysts about acquisitions and vision
• A polarized spectrum of audience needs
customer lifetime value
• Create a digital experience optimized for engagement,
personalization, user experience, sharing and
• Integrate our own technologies into the experience
• Drive huge lead volume through paid, owned and
• 11 unique role based landing pages w/ 10+ assets per
• Integrate latest trends in digital marketing, including:
• More video-content
• Message amplification through social media
• Retargeting based on visitor behavior
So, we asked ourselves:
What does our audience crave?
How do we craft the user
experience in context to delight
What will keep them engaged?
What did our audience crave?
Inspiration from a thought leader – “Show us what’s possible and how to do it”
Content tailored to their specific role – not GTM
How did we craft the user experience in
context to delight our audience?
Interesting facts they can use right now
Demonstrate leading-edge web design/technology
Show not tell – video, webinars, interactivity, sharing
What will keep our audience engaged?
Relevant, focused content – great resource
Easy to share
I want to
Social Share Bar
2 Featured Webinars
1 Custom eBook
Live Twitter Feed
4 Statistics with
Social Connect Footer
11 Smarter Commerce
SCGS Details – by role
• Rethink message customized to
each audience role & their
• 2 Featured Webinars per role, 1
custom written ebook, on demand
webinars, 3-6 downloadable
offers, and more in the resource
• Over 90 registration-capturing
offers on the initial site launch
Social and PR
• #SmarterCommerce & #Rethink___ to
join the live Twitter conversation
• Blog posts, Social links/hooks,
outbound emails, live webinars, social
• One-click sharing
• Globally English, Localization to come
• Vertical and horizontal scroll
works with swipe and mouse
• Site built for iPad aspect ratio,
optimized to fit phones and
• HTML – no Flash
• Twitter and YouTube APIs
for quick site load
Rethink – Marketing Lead Flow
Media drives traffic to specific offers.
• White Paper/Kit
Cookies recognize repeat visitors
for improved experience
Serves 2 Pages
Thank You page with requested asset(s)
• Twitter, Facebook & LinkedIn links for viral marketing
Role-based Landing Page (“pop under”)
• For additional conversions, self nurturing, sharing
Action Success Page
Unique to each offer
Links back to the specific offer
Is pre-populated for ease and increase sharing
Is tagged with IBM Digital Analytics
How it All Works Together
Ads based on
LiveMail (Pilot TBD)
based on Interaction
Awareness and insight Decisioning Execution
Planned or Trigger
Measuring the Campaign
• Tagged with Coremetrics web analytics
• For optimization of campaign & drive-to strategies while in market
• Real-time ad retargeting (2nd IBM AdTarget Pilot); including retargeting off
IBM.com to the webinar experience
• Website behavior-based email retargeting
• Leadscoring for webinar attendees
• Media attribution
Visit the Smarter Commerce demos in
the Solutions Center
Schedule an Executive One-on-One
Spend time with a subject matter expert at Meet
Set up your Twitter account at the Social Media
Sign up to be a reference at our Client Reference Lounge
Participate in our Hands-on Labs and Certification Testing
Find out more…
Check SmartSite from your phone, computer,
or on-site kiosks for details on these
programs and more.