WHAT IS AN ATTITUDE?
• A learned predisposition to respond to an object or a class of
objects in a consistently favorable or unfavorable way.
• Attitudes are relatively enduring.
• Attitudes are situation-related.
FUNCTIONS OF ATTITUDES
• Utilitarian function
• Ego-defensive function
• Knowledge function
• Value-expressive function
HOW DO WE FORM ATTITUDES?
• Three different paths to attitude formation:
• Attitudes are created by first creating beliefs.
• Consumer beliefs are the knowledge that a consumer has about objects,
their attributes, and the benefits provided by the objects.
• Consumer beliefs are created by processing information--cognitive learning.
FORMING ATTITUDES, CONTINUED
• Attitudes are created directly.
• Behavioral learning
• Mere exposure
• Attitudes are created by first creating behaviors.
• Consumers respond to strong situational or environmental forces, and after
engaging in the behavior, form attitudes about the experience.
STRUCTURAL MODEL OF ATTITUDE
• Tricomponent Attitude Model
• Cognitive component
• The knowledge and perceptions that are acquired by a
combination of direct experience with the attitude object
and related information from various sources.
• Affective component
• The emotions or feelings associate with a particular
product or brand.
• Conative component
• The likelihood or tendency that an individual will
undertake a specific action or behave in a particular way
with regard to the attitude object.
WHAT IS ATTITUDE?
• Attitude is a mental position relative to a way of thinking, a
leaning toward that which you believe.
• Attitude can be define as tendency to feel & behave in a
particular way it shows we feeling about something.
• Positive attitude is more than thinking good thoughts; it's the
ability to access a beneficial state of mind regardless of your
• Keeping a smile on your face and emitting a positive attitude
will also show your boss that you are not afraid to take on
THE BENEFITS OF A POSITIVE
ATTITUDE:• Helps achieving goals and
• Success achieved faster and more
• More happiness.
• More energy.
• Greater inner power and strength.
• The ability to inspire and motivate
yourself and others.
• People respect you.
NEGATIVE ATTITUDE SAYS: YOU CANNOT
POSITIVE ATTITUDE SAYS: YOU CAN ACHIEVE
THE POWER OF POSITIVE ATTITUDE
• A positive attitude brings optimism into your life, and makes it
easier to avoid worry and negative thinking.
DEVELOPING A POSITIVE ATTITUDE
- Choose to be happy.
- Look at the bright side of life.
- Choose to be and stay optimistic.
- Find reasons to smile more often.
- Have faith in yourself and in the Power of the Universe.
- Contemplate upon the futility of negative thinking and worries.
- Associate yourself with happy people.
- Read inspiring stories.
- Read inspiring quotes.
A POSITIVE ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
• Attitude is everything in life. It’s a state of your mind at which
impossible is nothing. Your mind releases abundance of energy
and strength in your body to achieve anything that you desire.
SOME TIPS TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE
1. Always have presence of mind
2. Think and be Positive
4. Visualize Success
THROUGH A POSITIVE ATTITUDE!
Whether you attract success or failure really depends on your
attitude. Those who focus their attention on the good qualities
that they have and take time to relish in their achievements, no
matter how small they are - will inevitably attract success.